Chapter 1

When Xia Liang opened his eyes, he found himself in the bedroom of the Xia family's old house. The door was closed tightly and the floor-to-ceiling windows were tightly covered.

In the dim light, he saw himself sitting on the bed half-covered, messy clothing scattered all over the floor.

A tall man knelt down in front of the bed. He couldn't see his face but Xia Liang had a very familiar feeling.

He was about to open his mouth to order the person to raise his head when he suddenly felt that the scene in front of him flickered and everyone was instantly sucked into endless darkness.

The familiar cell phone alert rang in his ears. Xia Liang struggled to sit up, feeling heavy and soft.

The ringing continued. 

He instinctively followed the sound for a while before he found his mobile phone on the sofa. It turned out to be his alarm and the time showed that it's half-past one in the afternoon.

It suddenly occurred to him that he just took a nap in the office as usual and it took only half an hour from falling asleep to waking up. 

The dim and messy scene just now seemed to be just an illusion in his half-dream and half-awake period.

He didn't care too much about it, rubbed his sore temples, stood up and made a cup of freshly ground coffee for himself, then returned to his desk and continued to deal with his busy affairs.

At around four o'clock in the afternoon, when Zhou Shuo opened the door of the president's office, he saw Xia Liang standing in front of the floor-to-ceiling windows making a call. 

"...Room 207...see you at night." 

After speaking, he hung up the phone.

Zhou Shuo has been Xia Liang's assistant for three years. Xia Liang is not a person who casually exposes his emotions but based on his understanding of him over the past few years, Zhou Shuo can still roughly guess the relationship between the other party and Xia Liang from his subtle tone changes. 

If Xia Liang's social circle is divided according to the degree of closeness, it can be roughly divided into nine levels: strangers, competitors, potential customers, customers, major customers, business partners, relatives and friends, close friends, and family members.

As for the person on the other end of the phone, Zhou Shuo speculated that he should be above friends but not a family member. 

Xia Liang put down his phone, turned his head, and saw Zhou Shuo coming in. He sat down on the chair next to the desk and asked, "What's the matter?"

Zhou Shuo was very tall. Even if Xia Liang stood up straight, he had to raise his head slightly to look at him. This made him feel a little uncomfortable so he simply sat down and leaned back on his chair to look at him.

However, Zhou Shuo was a little distracted. Since he walked into his office, he smelled a scent of sweetness from somewhere. It was so weak at first that he thought it was an illusion but when Xia Liang took a step closer, the scent became strong, with a trace of evil seduction.

His heartbeat was unconsciously chaotic for a few beats as if there was an invisible hand that casually teased his desire that had been shackled for many years. His Adam's apple rolled up and down. He then took a step back with self-restraint.

"What?" 

Xia Liang noticed something wrong with Zhou Shuo.

"It's nothing." 

Zhou Shuo forcibly stabilized his mind and opened his mobile micro-channel: "The secretary of Yinghe Group just sent the photo of the daughter of the Sun family. Would you like to take a look?"

"That's the one grandma mentioned on the phone last time?" 

"Yes."

Xia Liang glanced at him. After a while, he said: "Still the same as before. You go to the appointment first and mention my thoughts tactfully. If she doesn't accept it, then forget it. If she is willing to accept it, I will make another appointment with her."

Zhou Shuo had long guessed that he would react like this and nodded, "Okay." 

As soon as he turned to leave, Xia Liang stopped him again: "Try your best to come back in the afternoon before getting off work. I will drive to a place in the evening."

Xia Liang didn't let Zhou Shuo follow him everywhere. Sometimes, even if he let Zhou Shuo follow, he was accustomed to driving himself. If he asked Zhou Shuo to drive, it would be when he's socializing and drinking.

Zhou Shuo checked the time, nodded in response, and walked out. 

Note from the original Chinese author:

I originally planned to open a new book about the story of Zhou Shuo and Xia Liang but because the plot lines of the two pairs of couples are too deep, it is not very friendly to new readers if they are published individually. The little friend who was misled by me to go get the new book before, I am sorry that I made you go for nothing.