Chapter 60

As I'm sitting in the great room. I hear a knock on the door. Ace is not home , and the body guards aren't allowed to open the door for anyone .

I stand and walk to the door.

When I open I see Jason.

"Hi, come in. " I say to him .

I walk him straight into the lovely kitchen , loving the new house by the way.

"Any beverage you'd like to have?" I ask him.

"Coffee is okay." He says .

He pulls a chair from behind the island table and I heat some water .

"What's up,  why are you here." I ask him. He smile a 'that was expected' smile .

"I want to speak about the future of our business ." He says .

I begin getting scared . What does he mean by that , is something wrong.  Are we still showing losses?

"Look I want to start off by apologising. I know that in life , I've done you so wrong . I know that.

You deserve an explanation for what I've done. But I just think that it's because I'm just selfish and I never get satisfied.

You didn't deserve that Cassiey . You deserved so much more . And you still do. I'm so sorry." He starts .

"Jason , I'm not angry anymore . I dont have time for grudges. " I reply smiling. I push the cup to him , and move mine to my lips .

"I'm more than grateful for that . And that you let me live a luxurious life.  Even when  I didnt deserve it.

You had the right to take away the house , but you didnt.  You are the sole capital contributor for Smith Industries,  you could've sued it away from me.

I'm more than grateful . But..." he begins .

He pulls out a brown envelope,  my heart starts beating outloud.  What if the company has collapsed due to the big risk that we took with the Hawaiian project ?

"A year ago , I invested my life savings in a company in Paris. It is just like the one we run , just isn't as successful as we are .

The company doesnt just buy property and sell or rent it.  It also has mines in Africa.

The company is still showing losses , which is why I decided to intervene.  In hopes that  I can bring it back up." He says .

"Oh , that's great Jason . I'm super proud of you . And I hope you do extra well . Dont mess up though ." I warn him.

"Listen till the end please." He says , too softly for how I'm used to.

"Okay." Now its peeked my interest again .

"Cassiey , I see you and Ace. And my heart breaks everytime , knowing that I wasted so much of your time and energy .

I feel like I shouldn't be here at all. In two months , I'll be officially taking over the company is Paris .

I've taken the big decision to move there , permanently.  I'm done being a nuisance in you and Ace's life.  So yes , that's the news ." He says .

"I'm excited for you Jason . You get to open up a new chapter of your life. I just pray that you dont mess up again ." I say to him.

He picks up the envelop and my heart beats fast again .

"I've also decided to resign from Smith Industries.  I'm handing over my shares of the company to Ace .