Chapter 1: Rose (part 2)

Eunhye was glad that her love for cats had passed onto her daughter, the queen watching as Chaesoo played with two of them along the beaches with Jaemin

Eunhye was glad that her love for cats had passed onto her daughter, the queen watching as Chaesoo played with two of them along the beaches with Jaemin. She sat back in the shade underneath an umbrella, resting as her husband took his turn playing with their daughter.

Sora had been talking to her earlier, reporting on the results from the first day of searching for Taeyong. As expected, they hadn't found much and in all honesty, Eunhye would be shocked if Taeyong was in Vatten. Their realm was nice but not very useful to anyone who couldn't control water like they did, which is why she understood why Hendery enjoyed staying in the comfort of his home.

When another presence joined her, Eunhye expected it to be Johnny, reporting on the search from the seas. Eunhye still kept her walls up around him despite all the years that had passed. He had stepped onto the other side once and wouldn't be surprised if it happened again.

"Did you find anything?" Eunhye asked, turning her head but the person seated in the beach chair beside her wasn't Johnny.

"I didn't know I was supposed to." Taeil answered, crossing his arms and legs as he got comfortable in his seat. "My niece is pretty adorable, don't you think?"

"If you want to spend time with her, just ask." Eunhye said, placing the sunglasses resting on her head down, covering her eyes. "But Jaemin isn't that fond of you so good luck."

"Jaemin holds too many grudges, I did you all a favour." Taeil argued, shaking his head. "Whatever though, that's your husband and your problems. I came here for something else."

"What could you possibly want from me?" Eunhye groaned, done with her brother's antics.

Taeil chuckled, grinning from ear to ear. "So my lovely sister, have you heard that the dark realms are looking for Jaehyun?"

Eunhye shot up from her seat, ripping the glasses off her face as she stared at her older brother.

"What did you just say?"

...

"Where's Hua?" Ten asked as he entered his shared bedroom with Meixin. She was on their bed, ready to fall asleep.

"She went to visit Wooyoung." Meixin mumbled, exhausted from her long day of helping the people of Eis adjust to Aria. She felt Ten's arms wrap around her waist as he placed a soft kiss to her neck before resting his chin on her shoulder. "Why? Worried?"

"A little." Ten admitted as Meixin turned around gently caressing his face. Ten's eyes fluttered close for a moment, making Meixin smile. "She's our princess, I don't want anything bad happening to her."

"She's fine. Grace and Jungwoo are looking after her." Ten's eyes instantly opened.

"What?"

Meixin adjusted her position, not expecting Ten to be this surprised. "You didn't know?"