Chapter 2: True Evil (part 1)

Haesoo looked around, checking both sides to make sure the coast was clear before entering the abandoned bunker on the edge of Feu, where people no longer lived

Haesoo looked around, checking both sides to make sure the coast was clear before entering the abandoned bunker on the edge of Feu, where people no longer lived. She made sure to lock the door the second it closed, ensuring that no one would get in no matter what.

Coming back from the dead was one thing, coming back from the dead with someone all of Orenda hated was another. Regardless, love is love, and the many years that Haesoo had spent on the other side was enough for her to forgive Jaehyun for his actions.

Haesoo placed the supplies she had retrieved down on the table in the small dining room before entering the bedroom, where Jaehyun was fast asleep. She naturally grabbed the first aid kit from beside his bed, even though it was barely useful. This bunker hadn't been used for too long, but it was better than staying between the bare rocks of Feu.

"Hey, I'm back." Haesoo called out softly but the male ignored her, his back still facing her. Haesoo sighed, knowing that Jaehyun simply didn't want to appear weak, grabbing his shoulder and pushing him down until his back was on the bed. "Your wound isn't going to heal like that."

"My wound isn't going to heal anyways." Jaehyun spat back and Haesoo tried not to get emotional as she saw how sickly pale Jaehyun was, the male clutching his abdomen where a deep gash lay underneath the bandages, one that she desperately tried to keep from getting infected. "Just give up Haesoo. I'm as good as dead."

Haesoo narrowed her eyes, giving Jaehyun a light push. "Don't say that. We didn't get out of the dimension of the dead for this."

"Whatever, do what you want." Jaehyun said, looking away as he moved his hands, letting Haesoo tend his wound. "But if I die, just know that I warned you."

"You won't die, Jaehyun." Haesoo said, gently unwrapped the bandage that was already soiled. She tried not to wince as she saw the worsening condition of Jaehyun's wound. "I won't let you."

...

"Are you out of your mind?" Mark exclaimed as he watched his sister go through the weapons stash he had, carefully admiring each of the blades.

"Hm, what do you think about this one?" Grace asked, taking one of them off the shelf. "Think it's light enough to carry around? What's your suggestion, brother?"

Mark had enough of her games, grabbing her wrist so tightly, the knife dropped onto the floor, right by her feet. She glared at him, shoving him so that he let go.

"If you didn't like it, you should have just said so."

"Jaehyun killed me." Mark stated, trying to knock some sense into his sister. "And Jungwoo. And Taeyong. He might as well have killed Haesoo and father too  because if his family stood down like we told them too, that battle would have never happened."

"You know, after being dead for seventeen years, you learn a thing or two." Grace sighed, bending down and picking up the knife from the ground, shoving it into its sheath before attaching it to her belt. "And one thing I learned is that there are worse people out there."

"Worse people?" Mark scoffed. "I don't think we can get worse than Jeong Jaehyun."

"Funny." Grace said, poking Mark's shoulder. "Because last time I checked, you were the one who was all buddy buddy with him while I was the one that hated his guts."

"Well that was before you all died and left me here alone." Mark retorted.

Grace shrugged her shoulders, crossing her arms as she leaned back on the case containing some swords. "You didn't seem very alone, Mark. In fact, you seemed quite busy with Jisun and your two children are evidence of that."

"I-" Mark had nothing to say, throwing his hands up as his sister grinned from ear to ear. "What does that have to do with anything?"

"Nothing, I just wanted to see your reaction." Grace said, propping herself up as she sat on the case, her feet now dangling. "Now back to your problem with Jaehyun, remember the first King of Ombra?"

"Lee Chanyoung?" Mark answered, shivering just from saying the name out loud. "He's the reason why the dark realms have such a bad reputation."

"Mhmm. The king that wanted to rule it all. His life was dedicated to harnessing dark magic for his own use, to a point where he would kill and destroy the vares of any other dark magic user." Grace said, spreading her fingers out as she held her hands in front of her.chest. "Scary."

Mark rolled his eyes, unimpressed with his sister's joking voice. "Just get to the point, will you?"

"Well the bad guy from all our nightmares isn't just someone we see when we sleep now." Grace said, hopping down from the case. "When the door opened, it allowed a lot more than those nasty creatures."

"Wait, so you're saying he's back? Lee Chanyoung is alive and in Orenda right now?" Mark exclaimed, unable to get himself to believe Grace's words. No, that can't be true. He's just a legend, he can't exist, no he can't be real.

"Yup, you got it. Guess you're not that dumb afterall." Grace said, linking arms with her brother as she started dragging him out to the armoury. "So when are you going to talk to Jisun again? Seeing you two fight is weird, you two were always so happy when I was still alive."

Mark was still trying to process what Grace had just said, shaking his head as he slid out of her grasp. "Wait, he's back? He's really back."

Grace sighed, smoothing her hair. "Yes, Mark. Do you see why we need Jaehyun now? He might have been bad but he's powerful and we need anyone who's anyone on our side."

"But it's Lee Chanyoung. Mom said he's just a legend!" Mark shirked, still unable to wrap his head around it all.

"I wish he was only a legend." Grace said, shaking her head. "Gosh, we all thought Jaehyun was bad. Well Lee Chanyoung is a million times worse."

———————————————————————————I have an exam tomorrow and i am anything but ready 😭😭😭😭

I have an exam tomorrow and i am anything but ready 😭😭😭😭