Chapter 2: True Evil (part 2)

Jihyung stepped away, overhearing the conversation Mark had with his sister

Jihyung stepped away, overhearing the conversation Mark had with his sister. Lee Chanyoung is alive? That means that all of Orenda is in big trouble, especially mom and dad.

He made his way down the halls, trying to act like he hadn't been listening in to a conversation he shouldn't have been. It was hard though, the thought still running in his head.

Jihyung was so focused on Mark and Grace's conversation that he didn't see the woman in front of him, naturally walking straight into her back. He immediately bowed his head, apologizing.

"I'm so sorry, I wasn't looking at-"

"Jihyung?"

At the sound of his mother's voice, Jihyung looked up, meeting her eyes. "Mom?"

"What are you doing here?" Jisun asked, looking past the boy for an explanation as to why he was in this wing of the castle. "Shouldn't you be heading for lunch now?"

"Why are you here, eomma?" Jihyung asked, doing his best to avoid the question. "You should be heading to lunch too."

Jisun narrowed her eyes, hands on her hips as Jihyung smiled, hoping that he could get on his mother's better side. "Yes, but I was looking for your father, unlike you, who's roaming around places you shouldn't be. Come on, let's get going."

Jisun grabbed onto her son's hand, pulling him to the central area of the castle but Jihyung didn't want to return yet, still thinking about Chanyoung. "Eomma, do you remember the stories of Lee Chanyoung, the ones that dad used to tell us?"

"The story that gave both you and Minsun nightmares? How can I forget?" Jisun responded with a light giggle. "Why do you ask?"

"Grace said that he's alive." Jihyung said, making his mother stop in her tracks.

He gulped as his mother turned towards him, her eyes turning an icy blue. "What did you just say?"

"Nothing." Jihyung immediately regretted telling his mother, not expecting her to react that way. I thought she was going to say that Grace was probably joking, why is she so serious right now?

"Don't lie to me." Jisun scolded. "I heard what you said. You said that Grace said that Lee Chanyoung is alive. How in the world did you know that?"

"I um.. May have ended up eavesdropping on dad and his sister." Jihyung mumbled, hoping that his mother would be the only one that heard.

Unfortunately, when he felt the presence of two other people appear out from the shadows, he knew he was in trouble. Big trouble.

"Lee Jihyung, what did I say about eavesdropping?" Mark's voice echoed through the empty hall and Jihyung started shaking in fear, knowing that his father's eyes were turning black.

He naturally hid behind his mother, hoping that she wouldn't team up with Mark but lucky for him, his mother was focused on her husband.

"Mark, is this true? Is Lee Chanyoung really alive?" Jisun asked, her voice softer than before, now filled with worry.