Chapter 3: Decisions (part 1)

Grace could tell that Haesoo was trying not to laugh once she finished telling her why she was fighting with Jungwoo

Grace could tell that Haesoo was trying not to laugh once she finished telling her why she was fighting with Jungwoo. "You two are fighting over an engagement? Not even that, but your comment on engagements."

"No, we're fighting because he's being sensitive for no good reason." Grace argued, trying to defend herself. "I never said that I was unhappy with the fact that we're engaged, but it's just that engagements don't mean a lot nowadays."

"You're a special case though." Haesoo said, resting her chin in her hands as she smirked at her best friend. "Not everyone gets engaged to two people in their lives. Plus, your parents had been planning your engagement with Jaehyun since we were children and you've been engaged to Jungwoo since we were dead. I see your point but I also see his."

"Whatever." Grace said, crossing her arms. "There's nothing to rush anyways, we don't have time to get married right now."

"Why not?" Haesoo asked. "If you want to get married right now, just do it."

"But I don't." Grace told her. "I don't want to get married. It's not a good time."

Haesoo shrugged her shoulders, and Grace knew that she disagreed with her. "I would get married right now. Jaehyun's powers are back, I have nothing to fear."

Grace scoffed, looking away. "Sure Haesoo, sure."

...

The idea of marriage from her conversation with Grace was still on Haesoo's mind as she sat at the table beside Jaehyun, at the heart of the central castle. To be fair, the fact that Mark and Jisun were sitting together and giggling every now and then wasn't helping, and neither were their two gorgeous kids either.

"So what are we supposed to do now?" Jisun asked, not liking where the conversation was going. "Sit here and wait?"

Haesoo blinked a few times as she heard Jaehyun's voice, too busy thinking about marriage that she had forgotten that he was right there. "Yes. We need time to prepare, this isn't time to do anything rash."

"I don't know how I feel about that." Jungwoo admitted, his voice showing how uneasy he was. Haesoo looked over and saw that there was an awkward space between him and Grace, and tried not to roll her eyes.

You two are so immature. I swear, Grace Lee, don't you dare whine to me about having to sleep back to back with Jungwoo one more time, you asked for this.

"Taeyong has reported similar encounters with Chanyoung and is now recovering in Luminosa. I agree with Jaehyun, let's take some time to train and prepare ourselves before dealing with him."

"Fine." Jisun said, and it didn't take a genius to figure out that she wasn't very happy with her husband's decision. "But we can't wait too long. The last thing we want is Chanyoung catching us before we're ready."