Chapter 4: Family Bond (part 1)

Minsun watched as Grace ran past her, still in shock from hearing the screaming inside her father's study

Is he still my father?

She was going to check up on Mark, sensing the stress he had been through lately. All she got was confirmation that even though Jisun gave birth to her, she and Mark weren't her real parents.

Minsun had to admit, she wondered about it before, sensing something off with her family. She assumed her resemblance to Grace was because of Mark, not because she was her true mother. She would be lying if she said she never asked herself if she was Grace's child, especially since visiting the late witch.

"Dad?" Minsun said as she stepped inside. Mark's head was bowed but he looked up upon hearing her voice. "Are you alright?"

"Did you hear all that?" Mark asked and Minsun couldn't help but cry once she nodded her head, her father's sadness overwhelming her.

"Minsun. come here." Mark said, quickly holding Minsun in his arms, soothing her like he always did. "Minsun, you might not be mine but I'll always treat you as if you were. Promise."

...

Jungwoo looked up as Grace returned, her eyes red and swollen from crying. "I told him. He knows now."

He got up, stepping towards her until she ran into his arms, desperate for his embrace.

"Don't worry about it, let's just sleep. We'll figure it out in the morning, together." Jungwoo told her.

Grace didn't object, letting Jungwoo scoop her body up before letting her down on the bed. He climbed in after her, holding her as tightly as he could between his arms.

...

Jungwoo didn't know what to do as he slipped out of the guest room, Grace still sleeping in the bed. He knew that she had a rough night, and wanted to let her get as much sleep as she could.

He smiled as he took a seat at the table that Haesoo and Jaehyun were already occupying, the two giggling to one another. Jaehyun had his arm around Haesoo's chair, and the girl was leaning towards him. It was nice to see the two of them happy, filled with excitement for their upcoming wedding.

They soon realized he was there, their smiles fading. "Where's Grace?"

"Still sleeping." Jungwoo told them. "She had a rough night?"

"Oh?" Haesoo seemed surprised. "What happened?"

Jungwoo bit his lip, debating on whether he should tell them or not. Feeling Jaheyun's eyes on him, he gave in, a deep sigh escaping his lips. "She told Mark."

"Told Mark?" Haesoo said, looking over at Jaehyun.

Her fiancé was still focused on Jungwoo though, full of concern. "How is she?"