Chapter 4: Family Bond (part 2)

"Aw, you're so cute!" Haesoo cheered as Sona passed her Yichan, taking the small boys in her arms

"Aw, you're so cute!" Haesoo cheered as Sona passed her Yichan, taking the small boys in her arms. "You're going to be such a great ring bearer. So adorable."

"He can barely walk." Haechan mumbled, not particularly fond of the way his sister was holding his child. "And please be careful. Don't drop him."

"Whoops." Haechan's life flashed before his eyes as Haesoo pretended to drop his son, making the little boy giggle. He held in the urge to swear at her, not amused by the prank she played.

"Let me check on the refreshments." Sona said, seeing that Haesoo was fine with Yichan. She gave Haechan's cheek a kiss, patting his shoulder. "I'll be right back."

Haechan nodded, squeezing Sona's hand before letting her leave. His eyes soon landed on the girl that had followed Haesoo to Feu, the girl that was unusually quiet. "You're more miserable than usual."

Grace didn't say anything, her head still bowed as she stared at the table, as if she was stuck in a trance. Haesoo noticed this, giving her a slight nudge. "My idiot brother is talking to you."

"Huh?" Grace looked up and Haechan noticed how exhausted she looked.

He leaned forward on the table, a smirk on his face. "What's wrong? Jealous?"

"Haechan." Haesoo hissed, flaring at him. Haechan only shrugged his shoulders, leaning back in his chair.

"Why would I be jealous?" Grace asked, seeming genuinely confused. "Did something happen?"

"No, he's just being-" Haesoo stopped herself, looking at Yichan before continuing. "Not so smart right now."

"Oh." Grace said, before standing up. "Please excuse me for a moment. I'm just going to use the restroom."

Haechan wanted to say another snarky comment but Haesoo gave Grace a soft smile and nod, making him even more suspicious.

"I don't know if I approve of your choice of maid of honour and wedding planner." Haechan said once Grace had left the room. "She looks completely out of it, your wedding might turn out to be a complete disaster."

"I highly doubt it." Haesoo replied, turning back to her brother. Yichan was still in her arms, seeming to like his aunt. At least one thing is going well. "She's just had a rough night."

"What could possibly ruin her night? She has Jungwoo and Mark around her, her life couldn't get any better." Haechan said, watching to make sure Yichan was comfortable.

"You're a father now, you should understand that a child is everything to a parent." Haesoo said, smiling as she tickled Yichan, her nephew bursting into fits of laughter.  Haechan couldn't help but smile, loving how happy his son was.

"Grace doesn't have a child though." Haechan said before a thought came to his head. He stared into his sister's eyes, gasping. "She had a miscarriage?!"