Chapter 4: Family Bond (part 3)

Minsun found herself thinking about what she should do as she got ready for the day

Minsun found herself thinking about what she should do as she got ready for the day. Her real parents were in the castle, staying not too far from where her room was.

Should I tell them? Minsun wondered to herself. What would I even say? Hi mom?

A soft knock sounded from the door and Minsun went to open it. She wasn't expecting to see Grace there, holding a long black dress.

Grace gave her a soft smile, a soft and comforting one. "Can I come in?"

Minsun nodded, widening the door for her. "Is that dress yours?"

"One of my old ones." Grace said, before passing the dress to her. "But I wanted you to wear it to Haesoo's wedding. Try it on, see if it fits."

Minsun took the dress from Grace's hands, feeling the soft fabric beneath her fingers. She gave Grace a smile before going to try it on, quickly changing into it.

It surprisingly fit perfectly and when Minsun came out, she saw Grace's eyes lit up. "You look beautiful."

"Thank you." Minsun said softly, looking into her mirror. She couldn't help but smile as she saw her reflection, beaming as Grace helped her adjust the dress.

There was still some sort of tension between them though, and Minsun wondered if she should address the fact that she knew about her true parents.

Grace must have been reading her mind, as she gently placed her hand on Minsun's shoulder, staring at both their reflections. "Minsun, can we talk for a bit?"

Minsun nodded her head, guiding Grace to her bed. They each took a seat, Minsun carefully adjusting her dress so she wouldn't ruin it.

"Jungwoo told me that you know." Grace started. "You know who my child is."

"I do." Minsun confirmed quietly, nodding her head. "It's me. I'm your daughter."

Grace hesitantly reached out, testing the waters. When Minsun didn't back away, giving her the silent signal, she opened up her arms, taking Minsun between them as the two of them hugged.

"Minsun, I'm so sorry, I never expected it to come to this." Grace mumbled. Minsun didn't know what to do, sitting there, completely frozen. Should I hug her back?

Before she could, Grace removed herself from Minsun taking deep breaths as she blinked back tears, taking Minsun's hand and holding it between hers.

"Minsun, don't think for a moment that Jungwoo and I don't care about you, alright? I cared for you and wanted the best for you, that's why I gave you to Jisun and Mark. So you could grow into the beautiful young woman you've now become. I could have never provided the fraction of love they gave you, especially not alone and in that frail state." Grace blurted out.

"Is there more?" That was all Minsun could say, looking through her eyelashes. She watched as Grace slowly let go of Minsun's hand, sliding her own two back.