Chapter 11

Nilsa and Aerilyn both looked over at the Queen but she muttered "didn't mean to disturb you" and walked back out the door. Aerilyn frowned in confusion, unsure as to what she thought was happening, causing her to step away from Nilsa at once. Aerilyn thought she would be more possessive over her pet.

The memory played on Aerilyn's mind about Nilsa and her. She felt nothing but a friendship towards her, so surely it couldn't be true and if she was the Queen's pet she was sure she would not let her be with another vampire.

Nilsa on the other hand looked very worried.

"Come on, let's get you some clothes and bed, you must be exhausted" she said as she walked over to a wardrobe.

"Is this your room, will I be sleeping in a cage?" Aerilyn asked.

Nilsa just laughed it off "god, what must you think of us, no this is your room" Aerilyn was officially speechless, why would this be her room.

"I don't understand, this is not what I have heard happens" Aerilyn was flustered.

"It does happen when you are the Queen's first and only ever pet, I know it must be over whelming but try not to dwell on it, get some sleep, there are guards outside the room so don't even try to escape, I will see you in the morning" with that Nilsa left Aerilyn to her own devices but she felt too scared to touch or do anything incase this was all a test and they were going to take it off her.

Aerilyn didn't even want to get into bed, instead she pulled a blanket out of the wardrobe and lay it on the floor to sleep on, this was what she was use to any way.

Aerilyn was put into a good sized room on one of the 4th floor, which was the highest floor, the castle was very large, but the main living quarters were on this floor so she was told, the windows were locked so she couldn't try anything stupid, at that she turned the light out.

Nilsa on the other hand went to speak to the Queen immediately, not wanting her to think they were up to anything from what she had witnessed before, this was the Queen's pet after all.

"Your majesty" she bowed as she entered her office.

"There are no need for formalities when there is no one else around, you are and have been a good friend to me after all Nilsa" the Queen lifted her head from her hands and forced a smile.

They had grew up together as good friends always having the others back and had built a level of friendship to the point that they could speak about things they shouldn't have normally been able to.

"Forgive me if I am wrong or overstep the line, but that vision is wrong and there will never be anything for you to worry about" Nilsa trailed off, worried about how Solenne would react at the insinuations.

"I understand" Solenne nodded.

"But you still aren't sure" Nilsa tilted her head, trying to read the Queen's thoughts, which didn't work.

"Anyway, the girl should be asleep soon if you wish to check on her, she will adjust, just give her some time, it's very overwhelming for her" at this Nilsa bowed and left the room.

Aerilyn had tried to fight the sleep too worried of my surroundings but she fell into a deep slumber, unaware that she was now being watched by the Queen who had snuck back into the room and was watching her sleep whilst in deep thought. 

Solenne couldn't believe that the human girl had gone to sleep on the floor, obviously too worried that if she slept in the bed she would be told off, she was behaving like a pet.

Aerilyn was confined to her room for the next few days with a guard outside the door, Nilsa was left to entertain Aerilyn or as she put it 'watch over her', this meant that they had gotten to know each other better causing the human girl to feel calmer in her prescience, which was not the case for any of the blood sucking guards. Nilsa let her be herself around her, she never reprimanded Aerilyn for looking at her or for talking, it was as if she was her friend, but the voice in the back of her mind told her that she shouldn't trust any one here.