Chapter 21

After landing in New York, Elias and I take a cab to our hotel. He told me that he upgraded us to a suite. I narrowed my eyes at him when he told me that and I told him that I wanted my own room. He just laughed and said that the suite has a total of five rooms and said to suck it up.

Once in our suite, I grab my things and march into an empty room. I slam the door and drop on the bed leaving my things by the door. I'll unpack later.

About five minutes later I hear a knock on the door. I groan and get up to open it, knowing that it's Elias since we're the only ones in the suite.

"Yes?" I open the door to see him standing there.

He's looking down at his phone when he's says, "Get dressed, we're leaving in an hour." And then he just walks away. Not once looking up at me. I roll my eyes and close the door.

I grab my suitcase and start unpacking my things. I take out my outfit that I will be wearing to the function. It's a white pant suit with the pants ending at the ankles and a black lace corset top. The top is quite inappropriate, but once I button up my suit jacket then it will look fine. I walk to my closet and find a steamer.

Thank fuck.

I steam down my suite and put it on. I decided to go for just a basic look for makeup but add a red lip to make my white suit pop. I'm just wearing basic black stilettos and leaving my hair down in beach curls.

I look good.

I make my way out of my room and into the living area where I see Elias still on his phone. He hears me coming and starts talking.

"The function isn't far from here. Someone is already downstairs waiting to take us th—" He stops talking when he looks up and sees me. I smirk and make my way to the front door. "Coming?" I tilt my head to the side and walk out of the suite.

As I'm walking I hear him mumble something under his breath. It kind of sounded like, 'I will tonight' , I blush and continue walking.

Exiting the hotel, I see a black SUV out front and a man holding a sign with Elias' name on it. I walk up to him and get in the car with Elias following close behind me.

The car ride to the function is silent. He still won't stop looking at his damn phone.

We stop in front of a huge skyscraper. I step out of the SUV and make my way to the door with Elias by my side. We still haven't spoken a word to each other. I hate it. But, I'm not going to be the one who starts the conversation.

Once we're both inside I stop short. In front of me is about 50 or more people. Men in fancy business suits and women in gorgeous pant suites or skirts. Surrounding us are several booths with different company names written on them. There's a bar area where I see people conversing. It's so nice and fancy, I feel somewhat out of place but I love the feel of this. I can get use to it.

"You can roam around and start talking to anyone who interests you, I'll be over there talking to some colleagues." He points to the bar and I look up to him. "Colleagues huh?" I give him a knowing look.

He chuckles and slaps my ass as he starts walking to the bar. I roll my eyes and make my way from booth to booth, talking to the CEO's to learn more about the companies.

I stop when I see a booth that caught my eye. I make my way to it and look through the papers and forms.

Oh yes!

'Romano's Publishing" I whisper to myself.

I've always been fascinated with literature, hence the reason why I love to read and write.

I hear a throat clear behind me and I turn around to see a very handsome tall man. He has to be around the same height as Elias. He's not as built as him but he does have lean muscles and he is almost as handsome as him. He has dark brown eyes and beautiful tan skin and a nice trimmed beard. Okay he's very attractive. His black hair is slicked back and a piece is dangling over his forehead. Reminds me of Superman.

"What is your name?" He asks.

Oh he has an accent.

"Mia Wells." I bring out my hand from him to shake. He looks stunned for some reason, like I said something shocking, but he shakes it off and takes my hand anyway.

Weird.

"Luis Romano." He smiles at me. "So I see you're quite fond of Romano's publishing, You like literature, yes?"

I smile and nod, "Yes, sir. It's a pleasure to meet you. I've actually heard about your company before and grew fond of it." I look at his neck to see a tattoo peaking out from under his dress shirt. He's wearing a business causal dark blue suit without the jacket. Just a white dress shirt and dark blue pants.

"That's good. I'm glad that you found an interest in my business." He looks down my body then back up to my face. "It's not everyday a lovely lady like yourself found something boring so interesting."

I laugh. "It's not boring. I find literature very interesting."

"Then we shall definitely discuss more business. What are your plans for tonight? There's a gala and I would very much like for you to accompany me." He shows his very straight and white teeth.

My eyebrows shoot up.

"A gala?" I laugh. "I would love to but I don't have anything to wear. I only packed for this and casual clothes."

He moves to push my hair behind my ear and I flinch slightly. He doesn't seem notice and if he did then he didn't show it.

"Nonsense. I shall have something picked out for you." He takes my hand in his and brings it to his mouth and kisses it.

I smile and look away.

"Um, thank you. Then yes, I would love to accompany you. Where is it? I'll meet you there." I ask.

"It will be here on the very top floor tonight at 8pm. I will have something picked out for you." He tells me.

"But you don't know my size or where I'm staying. I'll be okay finding something on my own." I assure him. He may be attractive, but I don't know him so I'm not telling him wear I'm staying.

He pulls something out of his pocket and hands it to me. "Here." he places it in my hand. "This is a ticket to a boutique around the corner. This ticket will allow you anything in the store. Just let the kind lady at the front know that Luis Romano sent you." He kisses my hand again, longer this time. "It was a pleasure meeting you Miss Wells. I shall see you tonight." And he walks away.

Okay what just happened.

Did this super hot CEO just invite me to a gala?

What!

I look at the ticket and smile. The ticket says Bella's Boutique. I look around to try to find Elias but he's no where to be found.

Oh well.

I leave and start walking to the boutique. I text Stefano and tell him to give me Elias' number so I can text him. I hear a ding and look to see that he texted me his number. I go to text him.

Me: Hey it's Mia. I'm leaving and going to this boutique. I'll see you back at the hotel in a few hours.

I immediately hear my phone ding with a notification.

Elias: No you're not leaving.

I scoff.

Me: Too late, I already left. See you in a few :)

And I silence my phone and make my way around the corner to the boutique.
——————————-
Y'all I'm moving into my dorm on Saturday and I'm so excited!! I'm going to keep on trying to update but I've been so busy.
Be patient with me please.
I start classes in two weeks
LIKE AND VOTE PLZZZ🤠