Chapter 5: Exchanging Vows (part 3)

Jaehyun couldn't be happier

Jaehyun couldn't be happier. He was now tied to the love of his life, vows exchanged and their marriage sealed with a kiss. Thinking about it still made him giddy, and he couldn't help but smile at the ring on his finger.

Jaehyun felt a shadow over him and looked up from his seat to see Taeyong there. He quickly stood up, thanking the male for attending his wedding.

It was weird to see him, especially since the last time they saw each other while alive wasn't a good memory. Even though they had forgiven each other on the other side, being on this side just made the memories of their deaths replay in Jaehyun's head.

"Congratulations." Taeyong said with a small smile. "It's nice to see you happy."

"Thank you." Jaehyun said, bowing his head. "How is the reception? Are you enjoying it?"

"Yes, it's really nice to see everyone again." Taeyong said, motioning to the royals around the room. "I heard what happened. Are you recovering well?"

"I wouldn't be here if I wasn't. My vare got most of it covered." Jaehyun said, placing a hand on the handle of the sword he wore at all times. "What about you? I heard Chanyoung got you good."

Taeyong did the same thing, similar thoughts running through his head. "I'm lucky I survived that."

"We both are." Jaehyun mumbled, eyebrows furrowing at the thought. "Chanyoung is strong."

"That's an understatement." Taeyong replied. "He's a monster. He'll kill anyone he can."

"Not until his powers are strong enough." Jaehyun told him, turning towards the male. "He chose us for a reason. He wants to scare us to a point where we'll give in."

"Well I don't know about you but I'm scared." Taeyong said, meeting Jaehyun's eyes. "He's more powerful than anyone I've ever seen before. Even with everyone in this room, I'm not sure if we could defeat him."

Jaehyun opened his mouth to argue but before he could, Haechan was at the microphone calling for everyone's attention.

"Ladies and gentlemen, boys and girls, it's time for what you've all been waiting for." Haechan announced, smirking as he eyed his sister. "The bouquet toss."

...

"I'm not single, I'm engaged." Grace whined as Haesoo forcefully pulled her to the centre.

"No, you don't want to get married so your engagement doesn't count. Plus, Jungwoo did it through a letter. He needs to step up and do it properly if you two are going to get married." Haesoo argued, letting go of Grace once she was in the middle of the ballroom.

The problem was, they had only invited their close friends, meaning that Grace was the only one standing in the middle of the ballroom. For fun, Haesoo motioned to the children, and soon, Minsun, Hua, and Jingsi were beside her.