22

It's Friday and Henry has his first basketball game with his new team members and he is very exited

After what happened at the smiths, we've been ignoring everything e-mail or call we get from them or anything related to them.

How dare they threaten my family and pull of guns in front of my precious little brother.

Max doesn't talk much about these things but I'm worried about him. As a kid he should only see eat, play and sleep.

I'm beginning to think this isn't the best place for us to be. When we were in France, we didn't have to walk around with guns strapped around our waist or have to be on the lookout every now and then.

It might be because we were in our territory but I would give anything to send Max back if it means him having a semi-normal live

The game was fun and it ended with Henry's team winning with a score of 60-40.

(Still don't know anything about basketball)

"Ahhhhhh you won. You won. You won. You were amazing" I rush over to congratulate him but I don't hug him though since he is drenched in sweat.

"We won. We won. We won" he screams excitedly while jumping up and down.

Max also congratulations him while showing him that he filmed the whole thing.

Guess they really are brothers.

Henry's team mates drag him away from us while celebrating their win

I pull Max in for a hug as Henry walks off.

"I want to be like Henry when I grow up" He says

"Oh baby you will be even better" I say while placing kisses all over his face making him giggle.

It's moments like this that I love. The moments when you forget everything else even if it's just for a little while. The moment when you look around and all you see is how happy and supportive your family is.

Mom and dad left to socialize while I sit with Max on my lap. Him playing a math game on my phone. He is really smart and maths is his favorite subject.

I don't care how many straight A's I get or how high my IQ is, maths is a No No.

I still pass though.

"Hey Eureka can we talk"

I turn to see Elijah awkwardly standing there. He has on a black t-shirt with matching black trousers and a million dollar watch. His hair is styled as if going for a business meeting and even though this is just his little brother's game, his presence still demands respect.

Not from me though, y'all stay safe.

"I don't want to talk"

"Please just five minutes"

"Sissy do you want me to fight him away" Max says and look up from the phone.

"No it's okay" I say and he nods but still glares at Elijah. He thinks he looks scary but he just looks cute.

"Please"

Okay I almost feel bad for him. Keyword "almost"

"Fine you can sit" I'm not about to leave my baby brother here by himself. Who knows what will happen.

He sits but doesn't say anything.

He does know that he has five minutes right?

"I'm sorry" he says after a few minutes.

Oh, that's new. Where did that come from?

"For what?" He has done a lot of things but if he wants my forgiveness he needs to be more specific.

"Everything" he says with a sigh.

"Do you believe me now" I ask but he doesn't reply making me sigh and turning to face him. "Elijah think about it. I wasn't even home that day, I was with Kevin and you saw me that morning before I left. How could I have possibly hurt her?"

This is so frustrating. I always have to explain myself but still nobody believes me. I don't even know why I bother.

"But she was hurt. How do you explain that? Maybe you did it before you left"

Yep. Next time he comes near me I am shooting him.

"Did you watch the camera footage"

"We tried but there was a blackout that wiped out everything that happened that week"

"And you think that's a coincidence?"

Ugh how stupid are they anyways.

"I don't know what to think" he sighs

"You know what? Let's talk when you snap out of whatever enchantment you're in" I say and Max hops down from my lap and we walk away to look for our parents.

We don't find them after searching so we decided to wait in the car. Yes I'm picking the lock. We drove with dad because I wasn't really in the mood to drive. We get to the car and Max hops in first but stops as he's about to put his seatbelt on.

"Uhhh why does it smell like something is burning in here?" he asks scrunching his nose and then I smell it too.

"Holy shit! MAX GET OUT OF THE CAR NOW" I scream and he looks at me confused before he hops out and starts running towards the direction we came from with me following behind.

"What's wrong" Mom asks running towards us after seeing the terrified looks on our faces.

"GET DOWN" I yell just as the car goes explodes and I'm tossed forward from the impact.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Thanks for reading ❤️.

Thoughts?