Chapter 6- The Plan

Chapter 6-
As she predicted Marinette was actually early to school. She sat in the courtyard and worked on a sketch only looking up everyone once in a while to see who walked through the main doors. After a few minutes her sketching was intercepted by a dramatic gasp, Marinette rolled her eyes, she knew that gasp, Alya was here.
"Who are you want what have you done with my best friend?!" Alya asked running over to sit by Marinette.
"Good morning to you too." Marinette said with a giggle as she put away her sketch book and scooted over on the bench to make room for Alya.
"I never thought I'd see the day, Marinette Dupien-Chang, EARLY! And what's more, earlier than me!" Alya said plopping down in the bench next to her, staring in amazement.
"Miracles really do happen," Marinette said.
Alya laughed, "what brought you in so early today?"
A black cat, Marinette thought, "I don't know, I've had a few to many close calls and my parents really want me to have better attendance so I thought I might as well come in early in hopes of being on time."
Alya nodded, when suddenly there was another dramatic gasp, they both turned to see Nino walking over with the same expression of shock Alya had just moments before.
"Who are you want have you done with Alyas best friend?" He said, then looked at Alya. "Hold on am I hallucinating? Babe do you see her too?"
Alya nodded and Marinette laughed, "you two really are made for each other."
Nino across from the girls, "I mean duh, but what prompted you to say that?"
"Alya had almost the exact same reaction word for word." Marinette explained.
"That's because it's the correct reaction." Alya said leaning over to give Nino a kiss on the cheek.
"I mean it's really breaking news." Nino said.
"I should put it on the Ladyblog." Alya said, Nino nodded.
"Oh Alya, guess what?" Marinette said excitedly.
"What?"
"I have it on good authority that Chat Noir reads the Ladyblog." Marinette told her, hoping they could get off the subject of her usual tardiness.
"WHAT?!?" Alya shrieked.
"Ow." Nino said covering his ears.
"Sorry babe," she said lowering her voice significantly. "What?! Really?"
"Really." Marinette said, significantly less shocked by the screech than Nino was as she had guessed that that would be Alyas reaction.
"How? Who told you that?" Alya asked excitedly.
"I can't tell you," Marinette said. "A good reporter never reveals her sources."
"Come on you can't just say that and not expect for me to ask question! Also your not even a reporter, also a good reporter can totally reveal her sources if they don't say they want to be confidential."
"Well this source wanted to remain confidential." Marinette said, "but I think that they are the kind of person who would know."
"Oh my god is it Ladybug? Did you meet Ladybug? Does she know about the Ladyblog? Has she read it? Does she like it? Does she like me?"
Nino say his hand on Alyas shoulder, "breathe babe, you're spiraling."
"I'm still not going to tell you my source but I think it's safe to say that if Chat Noir reads the Ladyblog then Ladybug probably does too."
"OMG! This is the best day of my life!" Alya said clapping her hands, subsequently throwing Ninos hand off her shoulder. Both Marinette and Nino laughed at Alyas reaction.
"Well she's never this happy when it's just me here in the mornings Mari, you should come in early more often."
"Just you? I thought you would sit with Adrien too." Marinette said.
"Adrien, he's usually gets here the same time as you." Nino said.
Alya gave her a look, "birds of a feather..."
"Shut up." Marinette said playfully whacking her friend.
"Speak of the devil, here he is," Nino said pointing behind the girls to Adrien who was just coming up the steps into the courtyard. "You're both actually on time today, it's a miracle."
Adrien looked around for a couple seconds before seeing Nino, Alya, and Marinette. He waved to the group and headed over to the table and benches they were at.
"Hey guys. What's up?" Adrien said taking a seat next to Nino.
"Nothing much," Nino said, "what are you doing here so early?"
"The gorilla had some sort of training thing today so I had to drop me off earlier than usual." Adrien lied, "plus I'm not crazy early I mean Marinette's here before me."
Nino and all you laughed and Marinette blushed furiously, "I'll have you know that I was here before all three of you today."
"Impressive." Adrien said and winked Marinette causing her to blush even more and go into a slightly katonic state.
"So Alya, how's the investigation going?" Adrien asked.
"Well I kind of have a new idea that I'm working on." Alya said.
"Oh?" Nino asked. "I haven't even heard about this one, do tell."
"You actually inspired me on this one babe," Alya said smiling at her boyfriend. "Remember the other day when we were talking about stalkers?"
"That's a good sign for the sanity of this plan." Nino said sarcastically.
"Oh hush," Alya said.
"Is it illegal?" Nino asked raising an eyebrow at his girlfriend.
"Only a little bit." Alya said defensively.
"Only a little bit illegal she says!" Nino said throwing up his hands.
Alya rolled her eyes, "do you want to hear my new plan or not?"
"We do," Adrien said giving Nino a playful glare. He really did want to hear her plan, he was also a bit concerned about how close Alya was getting recently and knowing her plans helped him stay one step ahead.
"Thank you Adrien," Alya said also playfully glaring at Nino. "At least someone appreciates my brilliance."
"I haven't heard your plan yet Al, I can't speak to the brilliance of it yet." Adrien teased.
"Whose side are you on blondie?" Alya asked Adrien.
"I'm not sure yet, what is your plan?" Adrien asked.
"Well, I have gotten the complete list of everyone at the party, as far as I can tell, and with a little sleuthing I'll be able to find everyone's address."
"That's terrifying continue." Adrien commented, and Nino nodded at him eyes wide.
"Anyways, I plan to plot them out on the city, and then after the next attack I'll see what way Chat Noir goes so that I can narrow down what area of the city he lives in and therefore the suspect list."
Nino and Adrien looked at her wide eyed.
"What the fuck babe?" Nino said. Alya rolled her eyes.
"It's actually a really good plan," Adrien told her, "I never would have thought of that."
Alya snorted, "that's not really a high standard."
Adrien looked offended and Nino just laughed. The bell rang and the boys got up from the table and started to class.
Alya turned to Marinette who was still frozen. "You good girl?"
"He winked at me." She said in shock.
"Yeah I know I saw it." Alya said laughing slightly at her friends shocked face.
"He winked at me..." she continued slowly processing that information. "Adrien winked at me."
"Marinette, he has winked at you before." Alya reminded her, checking her phone. "Can you have this mental breakdown in class? We are gonna be late."
Marinette nodded slowly as Alya pulled her up from her seat and they walked up to their classroom. By the time they got to the stairs Marinette had processed the information a little bit more and had gone from shock to glee.
"Oh my god Alya!" She whisper shouted at her best friend. "Do you think he was flirting?"
"Maybe," Alya said with a shrug. "You could always try to flirt with him and see if he does it back."
"Very funny." Marinette said glaring at her.
"Oh come on! You can do it, how many times do I have to tell you that you are the baddest bitch around?" Alya said, "flirting with Adrien shouldn't be intimidating."
Marinette laughed, "oh yeah let me just flirt with world famous model and my long time crush, what a great plan."
Alya laughed, "someday."
"Alright, someday." Marinette agreed. "In the very very distant future!"

word count- 1400
A/N-
hey guys sorry it's been a minute since i've updated but... it be like that sometimes. Anyways hoped you enjoyed this chapter.
QOTC- fav song rn?
AOTC- solar power by lorde