Summer 1995 // Chapter 4

We got up early and had breakfast all before 7 in the morning (which was surprising knowing all of us kids). Hermione came over around 7:15 and we all headed off to London. We walked down towards Ottery St Catchpole's main road, where Dad called out for the Knight Bus. 

In less than a minute, the big purple, double-decker bus appeared before us. The chandelier still swaying back and forth as Stan Shunpike got out. Dad and Bill started to help load our trunks onto the bus, while the rest of us go into the bus and find our seats.

"Alright, now sit and wait for your father to get on," Mum instructed. We nodded our heads and sat down accordingly. Ron, Hermione, and I all sat together. Leaving Fred, George, and Ginny to sit together as well. 

The bus ride was quick, as usual, and disconcerting to all those who may not have ridden the bus before. Hermione at one point had to close her eyes and grab ahold of the seat, she got so nervous. Finally, we came to a stop somewhere in London, and we all clambered off onto the street

"Quickly! Memorize this and then give it to the others to memorize it, too." Dad said handing a piece of paper to Bill, who quickly scanned it and passed it down the line. Eventually, Ron finished memorizing it, handing it to me. 

The headquarters of the Order of the Phoenix can be found at Number twelve, Grimmauld Place, London

I furrowed my brow at what this meant but shrugged and passed it back to Dad. He took the paper in his hand and set it on fire with his wand. We were all very confused but before we could question, we were led down a side street.

"Now think about the address you just memorized," Dad said. That is what we all did. The next moment, out of nowhere, a house started to appear between the numbers eleven and thirteen.

The front of the house was grimy and not welcoming at all. Some of the other fronts had broken windows, and shutters that were hanging on by their hinges. The gate leading to the door was rusty and cobwebbed, while the actual door to the house was supposed to be black, but with the paint peeling, it was more like someone splattered bits of brown paint on it.

"Quickly, get inside, everyone," Dad rushed us all up the stone steps and inside the walls of the house.

"What is the Order of-"

" -Shush, Ron!" Mum cut him off. "Not here. We'll explain everything once we're inside." As we were all pushed into the house, I about fell on top of Hermione. 

"Welcome to Headquarters," we all jumped at the sudden voice that spoke. After a moment we all realized it was Dumbledore standing at the end of the hall, beaming a smile towards us.

"We decided to have this place as a safe house as somewhere we could have our small meetings. And I must ask you this," his voice became very stern, "this will stay between us, and us only."

He turned to face Ron, and Hermione, "That means that I want your word as to not tell Harry about any of this." He moved his eyes to me, "and your word to not tell Neville, Dean, or Seamus as well. At least not until the time is right."

"But, Professor-" Hermione tried to protest, but Dumbledore beat her to it.

"-you word, Miss Granger." After a few moments of hesitation, she mumbled her word under her breath. "And you, Mr. Weasley?' 

"Yes, sir," Ron mumbled.

"Miss Weasley?"

"My word, sir," I muttered. 

"Excellent! Now, please come with me this way." We followed Dumbledore back into a kitchen. When we walked in, Hermione, Ron, and I saw a very familiar face. 

"AARGH!" Fred and George yelped jumping back into the hall. 

"That's - that's Sirius Black!" George said pointing a finger at him.

"What's he doing here!" Fred added pulling out his wand. Bill chuckled as he reached over and pulled the wand out of Fred's hands. 

"Calm yourselves, brothers," Bill said. 

"Calm ourselves?!" George said.

"He's a mass murderer!" They both shouted pointing at him.

"Now, now, boys," I said, walking over and lowering their hands. "It's rude to point, besides he's innocent." They both looked at me quizzingly before, Sirius cleared his throat.

"The second pair of Weasley twins helped me, along with young Hermione here to try and get justice for James and Lily, Harry's parents," Sirius explained. "I've never murdered anyone, yet." 

"Sirius, quit intimidating the Weasley children," Lupin said coming around the corner. 

"Professor Lupin?!" We all said at the same time. 

"Just Remus Lupin, guys. I haven't been your Professor for about 2 years now," spoke Remus, as he sat down at the kitchen table. "Molly, can you get them all settled? We are having the meeting earlier than normal tonight."

"Of course, Remus," Mum replied. "Alright! Grab your trunks and let's head upstairs!" Mum called out as she walked out. We all followed and carried our trunks up the stairs. When we got there, Fred and George got a room furthest down the hall, we girls got the middle room, while Ron got his own room at the beginning of the hall.

"Now, mind you, if Harry does end up coming here. He'll be rooming with you, Ronald." Mum said as a doorbell rang from downstairs. Almost immediately, some women started shouting! 

"MUDBLOODS! HALF-BREEDS! SCUM! HOW DARE YOU FORSAKE THE HOUSE OF MY GRANDFATHERS!!!!" 

We all rushed towards the sound of the shouting and saw a portrait hanging there on the wall. Remus and Sirius were trying to pull shut the curtains while Mum went spriting down the hall stunning the other portraits before they could start yelling. 

"YOU! YOU FILTHY BLOOD TRAITOR, YOU! GET OUT OF THIS HOUSE, NOW!!!!!" The women screamed at Sirius.

"Sorry, mother. That's not possible." Sirius replied, just as he and Lupin got the curtains closed. We all stood there stunned as Sirius looked back at us. "Well, see you kids caught the show." he joked.

"That was your mother?" Ron asked. I quickly slapped the back of his head.

"Yes. Dear old mumsy." Sirius mocked towards the black curtains. "Let's try and keep the noise level down so we don't have to constantly be fighting her, okay?" We all nodded our heads as he turned and walked back downstairs. Mum ushered us all into our rooms and told us lunch would be later.