Book Finale

Last Day at Crescent High.

KUNMI

Ironic, isn't it?

I wanted my days in Secondary School to pass away in a blur, I hated secondary school, dreaded coming to school, dreaded being so different from every other person in school.

It wasn't that I couldn't wait to graduate from secondary school and leave all the drama behind, it was that I didn't even attend secondary school at all.

But now, with just a few hours left till the graduation ceremony will officially start, I realized that I didn't want to graduate.

I didn't want to leave secondary school, I didn't want to graduate from Crescent High because that would mean parting ways with Adam, Sophia, Gab, Kunle, and even Alex.

But I didn't want that.

Funny how two years ago, I didn't know these people and now, two years after, they were the best people I've ever met.

And I was certain I'd never meet people like them again.

I'd never.

"Auntie mi, we'll leave you behind oo."

Junior's voice interrupted my thought at the same time the door to my room opened and my brother stepped in.

I did a double take.

What the fuck did Mayowa do to Junior?

My brother was putting on a complete black tuxedo with a boat tie and he even had a pair of black boots on and was that a flower peeking out of his chest pocket?

He even had shades on.

"Are you the one graduating or me?"

I asked Junior who was already jumping on a spot as if he really couldn't wait for us to leave. Which brings me to that question again.

Why was he so pumped and hyped about my own graduation?

"It's already late, shey you want us to leave you behind ni?" He asked me again while I took a last look at my made up face that the makeup artist had perfected before I stood up.

"Leave me behind to go to my own graduation? And who exactly will you be cheering up there?"

"Me, I'm not going there to cheer you up oo." He announced to me with a serious look on his face and he even stopped jumping on a spot.

"So, why are you going?"

"Because someone told me that there are lots of fine girls in your junior classes so I'm going there to meet my wife." He started dancing on a spot, more like he started doing legwork before he even finished talking and I had to pick my imaginary jaw on the floor.

Girls. Girls.

The female gender!

That's what will be the end of my 11 years old brother.

"Oya oo, answer us or we'll leave you behind. We have to get there early so that someone else won't steal my girlfriend" He told me and he danced his way out of the room leaving me as shocked as possible.