chapter 47

i was back in my room in the institute with magnus curled up in bed wehn clary came racing threw the door.

 tears in her eyes she looks at me stting uup quickly.

"clary." i say quickly climbing out of bed and hugging her. she hugs me back tightly.

she pulls away slowly making me frown at the strange look on her face.

"what is it?" i ask quickly looking at her.

"its mom....we've found her" she says quickly looking at me.

so thats where i am now. sat next to clary holding her hand dried tear marks down my face looking at mom as shes sleeps. 

 a strange green bubble floating around her.

"you dyed your hair?" clary asks looking at me playing with the ends of my hair.

"i have so much to tell you" i mutter staring at mom not being able to take my eyes away,

"me too." clary mutters sadly pulling me into a hug forcing me to look away from mom.

 i look over her shoulder seeing alec stood in the doorway. his arms crossed watching.

jace who was stood looking at our mom aswell walks over.

"Clary gave Lydia the Cup. Hodge is taking her to lock it up until she goes back to Idris." jace tells alec making me and clary pull away at the sound of his voice.

" okay" alec says shurgging making me frown.

""Okay"? That's it, Alec?" jace asks crossing his arms now looking at jace annoyed.

clary filled me in slightly on the way here. about how alec nearly broke his and jaces parabatai bond.

 which shocked me completely. i didnt relise how far alec was willing to go.

"I don't want to get into it." alec speaks going to leave but jace stops him.

" Stop. I do wanna get into it." jace speaks looking behind seeing me looking up listening he sighs.

he knows i need to hear this.

"You almost killed me. You weakened our parabatai bond just to find me." jace speaks his voice deep and annoyed as he looks at alec,

"You betrayed me. You lied to me! You attacked me when I was doing what we should've been doing together." alec speaks raising his voice slightly making em stand up and look at them.

" I didn't betray you, Alec. I saved you from yourself!" jace says fighting back. they both look down for a moment before jace speaks again."If you'd have taken Meliorn to be tortured, you would have that on your conscience for the rest of your life." jace whispers looking at alec.

"Really?" alec scoffs."

"Really." jace replies back strongly.

i glance at clary seeing her eyes fixed on mom. i sigh knwoing i should be two but i cant not with jace and alec fighting right now.

"Everything you do is for a higher principle. You took the Cup, and you nearly handed it over to Valentine." alec speaks stepping towards jace.

"That was not our intention. You know that."jace says shaking his head.

""Our intention"? Was it your intention to risk Izzy's life for hers?" alec ask annoyed looking at jace angrily.

"This isn't about Clary or Gracie This is about you. Now, I'm gonna go tell my sister..." alec says making jace face drop slightly."that she still has a future." alec speaks before looking up at me.

a single tear rolls down my face and i swear i see his angry express down slightly before he turns around and leaves.

 jace turns around and starts to walk up the steps toward us and makes eye contact with me.

"go after him." he mutters making me sniff and hug clary tightly before running after alec down the hall.

"alec wait" i shout making him stop and turn to face me.

"what do you want gracie? wanna tell em what im doing is wrong to?" he asks harshly turning around to look at me."wanna tell me that you hate me and that you never want to see me again?" alec asks walking up to making me look up at him shaking my head.

"no....

" i was gonna tell you that i get it now" i mutter before wrapping my arms around his waist pulling him into a hug. 

he takes a deep breath before hugging em back tightly.

we left the hallway in search for everyone else. considering we ewent to my room and magnus wasnt there anymore.

we end up going into alec's office seeing magnus and izzy stood by the desk.

"Jace and Clary are back. They gave the Cup to Lydia. You're free to go." alec speaks looking at izzy a smirk on his face,

 i sigh  i wish i could be happy for her but....i dont know.

" [sighs] [exclaims] You were right, they came back. You knew!" izzy says happily hugging alec tightly.

magnus looks at me frowning since i dont have a smile on my afec but i shake my head and move to sit on the sofa.

"Well, my work is done here." magnus speaks grabbing his coat he looks at me but i dont look back i just keep looking at the fire.

 i feel alec and magnus both looking at me as magnus speaks.

"Walk me out, will you? We have some business to settle."magnus suggests making alec nod.

"Go.you'll be fine." alec tells izzy smiling at her before she smiles and leaves.

just me and alec and magnus alone....again.

 alec walks round his desk and grabs his bow and arrows off it before slowly handing them to magnus.

"as promised... payment in full. Thank you" alec speaks looking at magnus seriosuly

 magnus looks at them and nods before looking over at me again seeing im still not paying any attention.

"I just want you to know... Lydia was wonderful in court. She's great." magnus speaks looking at alec.

"So you get it." alec says smiling at magnus.

"No, Alec." magnus says shaking his head,.

"gracie gets it." alec speaks gesturing over his shoulder.

" look at her alec....she'll say anything right now to make sure she doesnt lose you." magnus mutters looking at the way im sat.

 my head in my hands as i stare at the flames moving around.

"I get lydia,. I like her.-" magnus speaks until i cut them off.

"But you don't have to marry her."i whisper making both of them turn and look at me,

"Yes, I do, gracie" alec speaks quietly coming and sitting down next to me.

" You'll be lonely all your life, and so will she." i mutter looking into the flames still.

"Neither of you deserve it. And we don't either." magnus tells alec. he slowly puts his hand on my arm pulling em to my feet my eyes never leaving the flames.

 he picks me up my whole body ging floppy at as i space out watching them move.

"I don't know what to do with these. You keep them for me." magnus speaks handing alec back is bow and arrows.

 alec looks at me sadly seeing me spaced out.

 magnus sighs sadly glancing at alec before placing a hand on my head and turning around leaving.