ฅ Chapter 14 ฅ

POV George

I woke up to the feeling of warmth completely surrounding me, light sounds of breathing next to me as my ear twitches under my hood. I slowly open my eyes and discover that I'm still on the sofa from the movie last night. When did I fall asleep?

I don't remember much of the movie, last I remember is that one dumb jumpscare and then..

Dream

My eyes open wider as I realize what I'm laying against, my head resting on Dream's chest as his arm is wrapped around the middle of my back and his head is against a pillow on the armrest of the sofa.

My breath hitches and I feel a blush forming on my cheeks as I try to sit up, trapped by his arm. I lay myself back down as I contemplate what I'm meant to do next. From the sounds of more steady breathing, I could tell Sapnap is also asleep, but on the opposite side of the sofa.

I try to lift myself up again but I'm only met with Dream's other arm wrapping around me as he mumbles something in his sleep, readjusting himself so that he's turned, causing him to spoon me. I feel my face heat up even more as he pulls me closer and rests his chin on the top of my head, there's no doubt that he could feel my ears. I feel a low vibration from my chest as I start purring from the new position.

I lay myself back down and stare at his chest, my phone being completely out of reach as it probably slipped off the sofa last night. As much as I hate to admit it, I really hope Dream wakes up before Sapnap, for both of our sakes.

I sigh as I close my eyes once again, accepting defeat as I would prefer not to have to wake him up myself and embarrass myself further. I feel myself slip into sleep as I listen to the deep breaths emanating from Dream's chest and the feeling of my purrs. I wish I could sleep like this all the time.

ฅ^•ﻌ•^ฅ

I wake up to the feeling of absolute heaven, something gently rubbing the top of my head. I keep my eyes closed and sigh in contemptment as I nuzzle into the first thing my face finds. The faintest purr, hardly even audible, arising from me.

"Georgie," a deep voice says from above me. My breath hitches as I finally comprehend the situation. I sit up as quickly as possible and bang my head into Dream's chin in the process.

"Shit!" he says as he groans, rubbing his chin. My face is already red as I stand up and toss my blanket into the middle of the couch.

"Where'ya goin'?" he says as he fully sits up.

"To my room." I manage to spit out as I scope the floor for my phone.

"Lookin' for something?" he asks me as I'm kneeled and looking under the couch. I lift my head up to respond, but notice him dangling my phone in the air with his hand. I reach up to swipe it out of his hand but he lifts it higher, causing me to miss and fall forward, my chest hitting his knees. He smirks down at me as he grabs my chin and tilts my head up.

"Y'know, you're really cute when you sleep." and apparently it's possible for my face to get even redder because it is burning. I'm a flustered mess as he chuckles at me. I glare at him as I try to swipe for the phone again, this time standing up. But as I reach forward, he grabs my arm and pulls me down, causing me to land in his lap facing forwards.

My breath hitches as we make eye contact. He gently places his right hand on the side of my cheek, his hand feels cool against my overheating face.

"Is this okay?" he asks softly. I lightly nod my head, as I am unable to form any words right now due to my brain feeling like mush.

He leans forward a bit and our lips connect once more, the butterflies in my stomach going mad. I reach forward and place my hand under the right side of his chin, deepening the kiss a bit more. I fight down the purr that is threatening to release, my tail uncomfortably swishing under my hoodie.

He pulls away and breathes heavily as we both catch our breath. My hand remains on his chain as he connects our forwards and shows me the dopiest smile.

"What if Sapnap saw?" I question softly.

"He went to the store around 10 minutes ago, said something about the food in this house being too healthy." he rolls his eyes.

"There's literally pizza and appetizers on the table, how is that healthy?" I point out, getting flashbacks of Sapnap eating almost an entire pizza last night. Dream shrugs in response and pulls me closer to rest his head on my shoulder. I hold my tail back from moving, just in case he notices my hoodie strangely moving.

As we sit here for a few minutes, I start feeling guilt creep up from my gut. I'm happy with Dream, whatever we are, but we could never actually be together due to my stupid biology. My ears fold back more under my hood as my face saddens. How am I meant to explain that?

Apparently he noticed my sad thoughts as I feel a hand come up to my face. When did he lift his head up?

"What's wrong?" he asks with a worry filling his face.

"It's nothing," I mumble, repositioning myself to stand up, grabbing my phone on the way.

"I'm going to go shower." I say after turning towards the stairs and quickly climbing up them to rush into the bathroom. I shut the door behind me and go to shut Dream's, turning the shower on as well.

I sigh as my back hits the wall and steam fills up the room. I should probably get back to London before anything else happens here. I also haven't gotten to stream in awhile either, none of my fans knowing where I'm at.

Taking my clothes off, I step in the shower and stretch my tail out to try to relieve the pain it feels from being crammed into my clothing. My ears twitch as the water droplets hit them and I rub my face, stressing over the thought of the conversation I know is going to happen eventually. What is he going to think when I can't give him a solid reason for me to stay? Or for us to be together? If that is even what he wants.

A few minutes later after finishing cleaning up, I shut the water off and step onto the floor mat, grabbing a towel from the closet. I realize that I once again have forgotten to grab clean clothes first as I wrap my towel around my waist once more.

I rest my head up to the door and try to listen for Dream, hearing that he is occupied with something in the kitchen. I swiftly pick all of my stuff up and slip out the door, thankfully making it into my room before he notices me.

I sigh as I drop my previously worn clothes into a pile I created next to my suitcase. I've never been the neatest person, finding comfort in the familiar feel of my stuff, especially in my bed back home. I keep a pile of all of my softest things on my bed, kind of like some sort of nest to provide comfort. I never have any visitors over either so I don't have to worry about cleaning.

I plop my phone onto the bed and reach down to pick up my suitcase, placing it on the bed to give me a better reach to look for clothes to wear, even though my style here only consists of hoodies and sweatpants.

As I pick up one of my hoodies to decide on whether I plan on wearing it or not, there's a sound of a doorknob clicking open to the left.

"WAIT DON'T-" I yelp hurriedly, but it's too late.

I stand there completely out in the open, towel wrapped around my waist as my tail swishes behind me anxiously. My ears are pointed up in surprise before they drop down to hug back on my head.

Dream stares at me from the doorway as the sight of me cut off any passing thought in his head. I really fucked up this time, didn't I?

(Word Count: 1457)