𝐟𝐨𝐮𝐫: 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘯𝘦𝘹𝘶𝘴 𝘦𝘷𝘦𝘯𝘵

☼

When Sylvie screamed in anger once she found out that the TemPad broke after they both jumped off the train, Loki sits next to her when she slumps down on a rock in defeat.

"Sylvie..."

"This woman," she interrupts him. "How can you be sure that she loved us? What if the TVA was just trying to manipulate you?"

Loki stares at her and shakes his head. "I thought so as well, but somehow... I want to believe it."

"Why?"

Loki smiles humorlessly. "I don't know. I've never truly been in love, so there must be a mistake. If there wasn't one, then I want to know why I would choose such a person."

Sylvie's eyes waver with softness. She hesitates, but stand up, and holds her hand out towards him. "Come on. We've got an Arc to hijack."

Loki looks up at her and takes her hand, pulling himself to his feet.

When Sylvie reveals to him how her enchantment works, she also led to revealing how the TVA agents were all variants. Loki felt the anger seep through him as he thought of Mobius. A person as good as Mobius does not deserve to be manipulated this way.

Reaching the Arc was another crush for their hope, and they were stuck on Lamentis when the ship was destroyed. Sylvie and Loki sit together as they watch parts of the moon crash on the ground from afar.

Loki compliments Sylvie on how she almost took down TVA, and she accepts the compliment with a bashful smile. It feels odd to receive a compliment, especially if it comes from another variant of you.

It was as if Loki was praising himself, patting himself on the back—which has never happened to him before. Despite how confident he always seems, there is still a deep self-loathing seated inside him. So, to praise another variant of himself, it was like he was realizing how great and intelligent he is as a person.

Sylvie holds Loki's hand for support as they watch the moon crash into the planet. It wasn't until two familiar doorways appear behind them, and they were both pulled inside.

Loki and Sylvie are separated by the Minutemen as Mobius takes Loki to another room while arguing with him. Mobius calls him a bad friend just before he is thrown inside a cell.

He looks around and recognizes the cell as... Asgard?

Then, Lady Sif walks out of the corner and begins to beat him. It goes on for about fifty times until Loki couldn't feel his own thigh and cheek anymore. As much as he missed Sif, he knows how strong she is, and each hit was painful.

Loki reveals to Mobius that they're all variants, after Mobius' ridiculous claim that he is attracted to Sylvie, which is absurd. Why in nine realms would he be attracted to the female version of himself? It sounds ridiculous.

Although, he applauds the way Mobius lies to him about Sylvie being dead, it made Loki realize that he does care about Sylvie. She was the only other friend he has ever made.

When Mobius tries to help Loki, he was incredibly happy to realize that he has also made a second friend. Before they could even leave, Judge Renslayer catches them, and to Loki's dismay... she prunes Mobius.

Loki arrives at the Time Keepers' chambers with a heavy heart. He had lost a friend mere seconds after realizing he was one. Sylvie is still here, and he holds onto that.

At the end, the Time Keepers were androids. Sylvie and Loki stand together in utter defeat until Judge Renslayer prunes him and he wakes up in front of three individuals who look familiar.

Later on, he realizes that he was facing different variants of himself, and they save him from the great big storm approaching. A storm with a name; Alioth.

note: if you feel we're going too fast through the loki series, it's because i'm focusing more on what will happen after the show.