48.

*continuing from last chapter*

𓆙Cᴀʟɪғᴏʀɴɪᴀ
𝐂𝐇𝐈𝐍𝐀 𝐋.

I followed KJ down these dark steps. He wasn't holding my hand anymore, so I thought about it.

Should I?

I should.

I turned back around and started running up the stairs. The house was set up in a way that the front door was one of the first things you saw when you went up the stairs.

Nari tried to grab me as I opened the door but I dodged her and ran out the door. I heard her yell something as I ran but I didn't hear what exactly she said.

I started running down the street just following wherever it would take me. A bitch was already out of breath but I couldn't stop now. But eventually I did realizing I was getting nowhere..

Then I realized I was going in circles. I stood in the middle of the road confused. Cause either I'm slow or this a confusing ass road.

Suddenly, I felt something shock me in my back making me fall on my stomach. The person turned me over and I saw it was Nari's dad with a taser in his hand.

The fuck he just tase me for? Could've just pushed me or some shit, damn.

"Yeen have to tase her." I heard KJ say from afar as this old ass man tried to pick me.

"Shut the fuck up Kenneth." He gritted before just dropping me making me groan again in pain. "Come pick this hoe up, her ass heavy as hell."

That kinda hurted me though..

KJ came to pick me up. When we got inside he took me back downstairs and tied me to a chair with some ropes real tight.

"You a bitch." I said as he sat down in the chair in front of me. I didn't even wanna look at him at the moment, I didn't wanna look at him at all. I wanted to strangle him cause like, how he even get himself involved in something like this? Cause I just can't and won't believe that he was a snake the whole time we've been together or since we even met.

He nodded with an unreadable face.

"What are you doing?" I asked him.

"What you mean?" He looked at me.

"Why you doing this?"

"Doing what?" He said and I huffed feeling myself about to get mad cause I don't know why he acting so fucking dumb.

"Fucking working with the opps and shit. Why you setting us up? You shot Na'Jour ain't you? You was a snake from the beginning?" I said and he chuckled shaking his head.

"It's not nun of that." He said.

"Bruh what? What the fuck you mean KJ you not even making sense!" I raised my voice.

"Shut the fuck up!" He also raised his.

"Then stop acting fucking stupid."

"Listen. Just know I got caught up in stuff, and I had to pay my debt. Simple. Just like you, how you was in the wrong place at the wrong time, now you gotta pay yo debt." He shrugged and I scrunched my face up.