71. The Devil's Reveal

Aiden's P.O.V

I read the letter again and again, trying to find some hidden meaning or code or something, anything. This had to be a joke.

"Great prank Arianna, you fooled me now come out now!" I exclaimed loudly as I waited for her to pop out from somewhere. I know I was behaving like a psycho but right now even that seemed normal.

When I was met with resounding silence, if we don't count my frantically beating heart right now, I ran out the house at full speed.

Getting inside the car, I quickly started the car as I started driving like a madman. I might be breaking several rules and laws right now but it didn't fucking matter anymore.

Was that letter actually true? Did she actually just go out alone? I don't care if she was trying to protect me, this is just fucking stupid! Why did she have to be so bloody overly dependent?! Why couldn't she just let others, or at least me help her? Did she not think even that much of me?

Don't fall in love with me Aiden, for I already have fallen in love with you.

Why why, just why Arianna? Why would you do this to me?

I shook my head vigorously to shake off the thoughts as I concentrated on the road, or at least tried to. Every time my thoughts drifted over to her. I had no idea what I was going to do, but I know I couldn't just let go. Not now, not ever.

Reaching the headquarters, I didn't even wait to stop the car properly as I hurried inside. I searched through the rooms for someone who could just tell me it's all a big ugly joke.

Suddenly I ran into someone as I looked to come face to face with James.

"Have you seen Arianna? Did she come by here?" I asked quickly as he furrowed his eyebrows.

"I was going to ask you the same thing. I have been trying to contact her since the morning but her cell is switched off." He said as I raked my fingers through my hair, my heart speeding up again.

"She- she is gone James. She left." I said breathlessly as he frowned at me.

"Left? Left where?" He asked smiling a little but it disappeared the moment he took a look at me.

"She left. She- she just said she is going to fight alone with them and all that bullshit. She said it is her fight and she needs to do this by herself, she doesn't want to hurt anyone anymore, apparently nobody deserves the things happening because of her. She even broke up with me, saying to find this fucking perfect girl who will laugh at my jokes and blush because of me, saying she can't be that girl. But doesn't she know by now, that is exactly who she is for me! She is the perfect girl for me, what the fuck is this?! She just has to be the best person in the room, has to be the good guy who is ready to give up themselves for others but why?! Is it really bad to be a little selfish sometimes? Is it bad to just once ask for help? But I can't even stay mad at her because I know she is doing this because of me but I don't want all this! I just want her! I- I don't want anything if I don't get her too. " I finally ended my ramble as I dropped down on the nearest seat while James settled down beside me.

Flicking his fingers, he gestured something to one of the people as he nodded, dashing away immediately. He soon returned with a glass of water as James quietly handed it to me. Nodding to him slightly, I gulped down the entire glass as I handed the glass back, mumbling a quiet thanks.

"Can I see the letter once?" James asked gravely as I pulled out the letter from my pocket, handing it over to him. He quietly read the letter as his frown deepened along with the lines.

"What she did is extremely risky, what the fuck was going on this girl's mind?" James lowly hissed as he got up immediately and started marching inside as I quickly followed him behind.