XLVI

Tᴏᴅᴅʟᴇʀ Mᴀʏʜᴇᴍ!!

Early the next day, M/n noticed the extra weight on his body

Early the next day, M/n noticed the extra weight on his body. He knew that Zylith was sleeping on his arm on the right and Nuri was sleeping to the left, however, she barely weighed anything. But now there was a noticeable weight on his left arm and the weight shifts to his chest.
"Mmh..."Upon opening his eyes, he froze. Hovering over his face was a young child with a cute grin on her face. If it wasn't for the seafoam hues looking down at him, M/n would have assumed that someone child got into his room.

 If it wasn't for the seafoam hues looking down at him, M/n would have assumed that someone child got into his room

"Nuri?"

"Good morning papa!"

"Uhh...How did you do that?"Nuri happily shows M/n the Jade ore that Zhongli gave her the day before; it was glowing and missing a piece.
"I bite it really hard and it broke!"

"Then this?"

"Mmmh!"Nuri didn't understand how confused M/n was at this moment, she was just happy to be able to communicate better with the one she saw as her father, that much M/n picked up on. So the redhead woke Zylith up so he too could see Nuri. It took a second but Zylith hugs Nuri; calling her the cutest little sister in the world.
"Now Riri can drink tea with us in the morning!"

"Yay! Tea time!"

"Good morning your-"The innkeeper froze; tea set on hand, her aged eyes land on the smaller of the three but once she makes contact with the seafoam hues, she connected the dots and smiles.
"Oh my! She's just as cute as when she was a dragon! I've brought tea for your early morning sun watch!"

"Thank you, granny!"Nuri and Zylith beam as bright as the sun, causing the innkeeper to swoon over the youngsters. She sets the tea up for the three and heads off to start breakfast for the group. On the way, she stumbles into the others. Escal looked refreshed while the others looked as if they had returned from a battle with a ruin guard aka they looked exhausted.
"Dear Archons, the sun isn't up yet..."

"So? The king is always up just to see the sunrise into the sky."

"Why?"

"It's his way of appreciating life and enjoying the simple things such as watching the sunrise and fall."Aether tiredly explains to Scaramouche. The indigo-haired male didn't expect the answer to be that, he assumed it was something nobles and royal's did but now he understood.
"Good morning- is that a toddler?"

"Huh?!"The others were quickly shaken out of their daze and peers over or around Escal to see what he was talking about, sure enough, little Nuri was sitting in M/n's lap with both hands on her teacup sipping said tea; like a young noble lady.
"Could that be Nuri?"

"Only one and I mean one way to find out..."With a quick decision, the rest push Zhongli front in center.
"Good morning M/n, Zylith, and Nuri-"Zhongli reaches out to ruffle Nuri's hair after doing so to Zylith, instead of being bit, fire was blown into his face when she moved her teacup.
"Yep, the toddler is definitely Nuri but how?"
Escal couldn't be bothered with speculations, he was too busy laughing his heart away with Aether.
"Cut it out your two! And to answer your question, Nuri said something about the Jade ore you gave her to nibble on. She broke into it."M/n the. Shows the Jade to the older dragon.

In all honesty, he doesn't remember where he got the Jade but held into it for years.
"Hmm, Nuri is still too young to be able to change forms. Maybe the ore, once consumed gave her the energy to do so?"

"That could be but let's not forget she came in contact with that Amethyst slab as well. Enough about that, let's all enjoy the sun's first rays of the day, then head down for breakfast."Escal muses as he lightly pinches Nuri's round cheeks, his eyes brighten as she giggles gleefully from the sign of affection.

After the daily sun watch and breakfast, they took to the open plains so that Nuri could play with Zylith on their way to Mondstadt. She was overjoyed as she experienced things in her new form.
"Do you think Nuri will like me later on?"

"I'm sure of it, like my brother said, baby dragons are extremely protective of their parent when it comes to older dragons outside of their family. Maybe if you stop trying to pet her head as a greeting I think we can avoid the unnecessary injuries. Nuri likes stories, no matter how long it is, she also likes Crystalflies a lot. Maybe if you present one to her, she'll be less harsh towards you."The beautiful smile on M/n's face held Zhongli captive as he felt his cheeks warm.
I told myself I wouldn't become like the others, but here I am, falling into warmth...I...I don't dislike it, I finally understand.
"Zhongli?"

"I-I'll keep that in mind..."

"Good- *Gasp!* Nuri don't set that on fire!"