Chapter 1-- The Prey (Cleaned)

The sound of the forest, the whispers of the trees, the scurrying of creatures underfoot and the unmistakable sound of the heartbeats of a deer and two fawns thundering against their chests in a clearing away from any cover of trees and shrubs. Easy prey. Slowly creeping through the trees I catch wind of another wolf. Instantly perking my ears up and raising my nose to the soft breeze I smell more approaching from my right.

Shifting my vision between the two fawn and possible danger approaching I decide to slink back into the darkness of the bushes and observe the now visible pack surrounding my lost prey. I had no chance of taking down a fawn and getting away with it in a pack’s territory with the pack a few meters away. Wolves tend to be extremely territorial and seeing as I was rogue, clearly hunting and male, that would only add fuel to the extremely dangerous flame.

Suddenly the metallic smell of blood assaulted my senses and a wolf yelping was heard throughout the trees. As the pack had taken down the two fawns it was visible that one of the younger wolves had been kicked in the face by the now lifeless fawns' mother. That would explain the yelping.

As the pack started to drag home their kill I was startled by the snapping of a twig behind me. Immediately I turned to find a huge, black wolf staring me down. He was clearly too big for me to take down but that didn't stop me from lowering my head and letting a soft growl leave my throat in hopes he would back up, even if only a tiny bit.

Not a chance. He lowered his head too and growled back all the same. I bared my teeth and backed up slowly to show I would hold my ground if he were to attack but I was willing to leave if he let me go without a problem. He was probably high up in the pack ranks with his size and his overall aura. He screamed strong, capable and dangerous. I don't doubt my abilities, but I do know when I should put my safety over my ego. Every step I took back he stepped forward, there was no way I was getting out of this unharmed. There was no chance for me to take him down! 

As he stalked into the sunlight and out of the bushes I noticed his fur had a blue tint to it. I had never seen a blue-tinted black wolf. I had never seen a blue tinted anything. It was quite peculiar or maybe just rare, maybe as rare as myself; a white, pure white wolf, not a trace of another tone to soil it.

I hear another growl form behind me and jump swiftly to the side to get a look at whatever was behind me as well as the male that was in front of me. Great, now I have two huge, strong, scary looking, black as night wolves after me. The only difference between the two was the new one had steel grey eyes and pitch black fur compared to the other who has ocean blue eyes and a blue tint to his fur. Suddenly, it hit me like a ton of bricks. This new wolf was Alpha. I knew this simply from the way he carried himself and I could literally smell the authority on him.

No chance. I'm going to die. I can't put up much of a fight as it is. I haven't eaten in days. I'm going to die and I wouldn't even be able to fight back. I did the only thing I could do; I lay down. Not honourable I know, but I'd rather lie down and die quickly than have two massive wolves on my tail and get killed anyway, or maybe they’d have a soft spot for a submissive rogue. Not likely. Things didn’t work that way for male rogues. Sure a female, the need to repopulate and all but a male? No need when all a pack needs is a few males and they clearly had no shortage.

They came closer and closer barred their teeth before the blue tinted one raised his head and backed off. I looked up to him and then the Alpha, who looked just as confused as me.

Suddenly a horribly vicious growl came from behind me and I whimpered and lowered my head closer to the ground if that was even possible. The footsteps of the third wolf came closer and closer until they were in front of me and I heard another growl from the black she wolf but it was directed at the Alpha.

This wolf was no wolf I knew. She was just a bit smaller than them but just as strong of an aura, just as old and definitely just as high ranked. The utter shock on both the males faces told me that they knew her and were just as dumb founded as me as to why she was stopping them from ripping me apart then and there.

All of a sudden her honey coloured eyes turned to me and she walked over softening her expression before lowering her head and pushing it into my side trying to get me to stand up the way a mother does her young pup. I was utterly baffled by her actions but stood anyway with my head low but not threatening. She nudged me towards the two males and led me between them, their gazes never leaving us. Slowly the males followed behind us as I was led to their camp completely unaware of what my fate would be as I entered the camp for the first and last time.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A/N

Thanks for reading guys I just wanted to say the person I dedicated this chapter to, Writer92 is an AMAZING author you should go check her books out! She's partially the reason I decided to make another account and get back on to writing again instead of just drawing manga lol.

C O M M E N T   V O T E     F O L L O W