for ex boyfriends

JAKE (yay finally lmao)

I smirked victoriously as I successfully teased him in front of my mother. Speaking of mom, I'm really glad she accepted Sunghoon and our relationship. She has known that I'm bisexual for awhile now. Dad too. Dad's a bit close-minded but he said he still loves me no matter if I chose to date a boy. I love them so much.

I was now leaning on my car waiting for Sunghoon, one hand in my left pocket and my right hand holding my phone as I scrolled through my missed messages.

four missed messages from : yeopyeop

hey, you awake?
sent 2:42 am

Huh? He sent it at 2am. I sighed before remembering something. He must've had another nightmare. He usually wakes up at this time when he has them.

of course you're not
sent 2:45 am

i had another nightmare, jae
sent 2:45 am

Oh , hyung...I wish someone could help you. Help you with those nightmares.

i'm scared. it keeps haunting me but i miss him so much
sent 2:47 am

In Yeop might seem tough and cold but he's broken on the inside. Two years ago, he lost his older brother in a car accident. He was in it and he was driving. I was glad he survived but I can't deny that I missed his bright brother. We both missed him. He was like the sun, shining bright on the darkest parts of our lives. I've never blamed In Yeop for his death. I had no right and he is my best friend. I don't blame my friends for anything.

I decided to give him a call. I have to make sure he's okay.
After three rings, he picked up.

"Hyung! You okay? Please tell me you are."

Silence.

"Hyung,please.."

"Jae..."

I sighed in relief as I heard his voice. Though, he sounded tired. Done with the world. He coughed and I immediately felt concern for him.

"You okay? Are you sick?"

He rarely gets sick.

"..Yeah, I think I am. Sorry, Jae-"

"Stop. Stop apologising. Why are you sorry for being sick?"

"Because you'd have to deal with those numb-heads during football training alone.", I couldn't help but chuckle at that. He's still here. He's still In Yeop.

"It'll be fine. You sir, stay home. Don't you dare think about coming to school."

"But, Jung-Ah nevermind."

Jung? Does he mean Jungwon? Sunghoon's best friend?

"I'm giving Jungwon your address. It seems like you two got real close yesterday. I'm sure you won't mind having him over."

"Huh?! *cough* Why would you do that?! Are you stupid?!", I laughed as In Yeop spoke english. He always did that to emphasise his points.

"I don't think you should strain your throat like that, hyung. I'll tell him to bring you some medicine and food."

"Hey! Don't hang-", I hanged up with a smirk.

He'll thank me later.

"Who was that?"

Sunghoon suddenly appeared, startling me. I laid a hand over where my heart was.

"Baby! Don't scare me like that.", Sunghoon tilted his head at me.