Chapter 16- Jealousy

hello my lovelies,

I hope you had a great day today and if not, I promise you there will be better times.

Have fun reading and always remember that you are amazing and enough.

I love you, bye.

Amara Thorne

My heart is beating faster than ever in my life. Nothing feels real anymore. It seems as if everything is happening in slow motion and yet at the same time too quickly so that I don't notice anything of my surroundings. The loud music penetrates my ears, but I can still hear my own heartbeat and the blood rushing through my veins.

Strong arms are wrapped around my body to give me support. My head is carefully almost protectively with one hand pressed to the man's torso.

I slowly raise my head and look into the familiar grey eyes. They belong to the person I would of all people in the world have least expected to be here, giving me stability.

Adriano Calvetti.

I want to push him away, stab him, punch him or doing any other damage to the man who is holding me right now.

But I don't. Not a single movement.

I am just staring at him in confusion. Despite his caring words and tender touches, his face expression tells something completely else.

Rage.

Not that I would expect anything else from him but his hold is not like the one of an angry man. More like a caring one.

He looks me deep into my eyes, his intense gaze forcing me not to look away. His hand slowly travels from the back of my head to my face and finally his fingers rest under my chin. He runs his thumb over my lips while completely being focused on my eyes. When he suddenly removes his hand, I awake from my trance and pull my head away. Confused I try to look around, his arms still wrapped around me.

I turn my head to the side, the alcohol showing his affect. Everything is spinning. The dazzling lights and the loud music make it even harder for me to think.

I start to fown and panicking as I notice that neither Valentino nor Felicia and Vivian are there. Most of the people stopped dancing and are staring at us wide-eyed. Some of them seem frightened, the others frilled.

"Where a-" I start but before I can finish my sentence I feel Adriano lifting me up and throwing me over his shoulder.

For the first second I can't even get a word out. The blood rushes to my head and it seems like all of the air is leaving my lungs at once.

„Let. Me. Down." I yell over the loud music as he starts to walk and I understand what's happening.

I try to kick and punch him but fail miserable at the attempt to free myself.

„Yeah. Not gonna happen. Believe me, I would also much rather have you on your knees for me but I am not in the mood to give you what you want." He answers chuckling but I can still hear anger in his voice.

I let out an annoyed breath and try to relax my body. I stare holes in his back while he is walking with me over his shoulder towards the exit of the club.

Adriano carries me through the VIP corridor where four of his bodyguards are already standing. They open the door for us. When I lift my head for a moment, I see them right behind, following every step that their boss takes.

Everything is still spinning but I notice that I slightly sobered up. I was always someone who wasn't for long drunk and considering that I haven't had a sip in the last few hours I know that I won't be drunk for long.