{Pt. 5} A Quiet Night

HELLLOOOOOOO! I'm alive! Sorry for not being active or publishing for a month or so. If you haven't already, please read the chapter before this. It'll explain a little bit of what I'm doing or what I'm going to be doing. Thank y'all lots! Now lets get on with the story. (Sorry if its a little weird).

After doing the mission with Tazuna and fighting Zabuza and Haku, we were finally able to go on higher ranked missions. Everyone was so happy to hear the news.

Right now it's 12:00 A.M. and I am bored out of my mind. I couldn't fall asleep yet again. It's really hard for me to fall asleep nowadays so I'll go on walks or train in an open field. I decided to go on a walk tonight. I grabbed a jacket since it was a little cold outside, put on my shoes, and headed out. Hiruzen(Lord Third) knew I did this since a couple years ago I asked if I could, to which he agreed as long as I didn't make too much noise leaving the house.

It was very quiet, which I liked very much. You could see the stars perfectly. I decided to head to the open field which I train at with Team 7 and by myself. I wanted to just lay down and just watch the stars. The streets were empty and no lights except the street lamps were on. I turned a corner and looked ahead and saw someone sitting at a table reading a orange covered book. I knew exactly who it was. Kakashi-sensei. We've gotten to know each other pretty well over the last few weeks

To be honest, I didn't really want to disturb him so I didn't plan on talking to him since he probably wanted his peace and quiet. I kept walking down the street until I saw him lift his gaze up. We made eye contact and he gave me his classic closed-eyed smile.

"(Y/n)! What are you doing up so late? Shouldn't you be in bed?" I was a little shocked he decided to talk to me. "Oh I couldn't fall asleep. Shouldn't you be in bed as well, old man?" I said with a smile so he knew I was joking. "Ouch. I'm not that old you know!" He said with a smile. "I couldn't fall asleep either so decided to come out here and read as you can tell. Where are you heading off too?" He questioned. "Oh, I'm heading to the field we train at. I wanted to lay down and look at the stars. It always helps me relax." I paused for a second. "Would you, maybe, like to come with me? You look like you've got a lot on your mind." He looked away for a couple seconds. "That sounds very nice. I would love to (Y/n)." He stood up and came my way.

I felt my face get hot as he got closer. I'm glad the lights are dim. I've never felt this way for someone. What's going on with me?!?! I was pulled out of my thoughts when Kakashi-sensei spoke. "You lead the way." And with that, I started walking.

We were in a comfortable silence for a while. I looked over and noticed Kakashi-sensei wasn't reading his book. I decided to spark a conversation. "Kakashi-sensei," He looked my way as we kept walking, "I noticed you aren't reading that book. Very rare of you." He looked back ahead. "I figured it might take in my surroundings for once. Plus, in my opinion it would be considered rude." He looked back at me to see my reaction, then looking back ahead. "Well thank you Sensei. It means a lot." He chuckled. "When it's just the two of us, you don't have to call me 'Sensei'. Just call me Kakashi when we're alone." I was a little shocked and went back to blushing. "That much I can do... Kakashi" I said looking back at him. I could've sworn I saw a red tint under that mask.

When I looked back I finally noticed we were at the field. We both looked up at the stars. "The stars are very bright tonight, aren't they (Y/n)?" "Yeah, they really are." What I like about this field is that there are no street lamps in the area so it's pretty dark, but the moon and stars help illuminate the ground. "We're almost to the spot." We kept walking until we were directly under the moon. Trees surrounded us on every side. You could see lightning bugs(Fireflies) within the darkness of the trees. "It's beautiful here." He whispered, looking all around. I was already in the center of the circle of the trees. Kakashi looked my way and headed towards me. When he got closer I laid down. He approached me and sat down to the right of me. Before he laid down with me, he took off his Jonin vest so he could lay down properly. I watched him take it off and all I can say is wow. He is ripped. I looked back up as he put down the vest. Hopefully he didn't see me. He finally laid down. "That's better." He said.

We sat in silence for a little bit, taking in the beauty of mother nature. "How'd you find this place?" Kakashi asked. "One day when I was a kid, I went wandering through here and found it. As soon as I saw it, I fell in love with it. The first time I was here I ended up falling asleep and my old man had to come find me." We both laughed. "Well I'll agree with you there. I might've fallen in love with it too." I smiled. I haven't felt this happy in years.

We stayed in silence for a couple of minutes again, probably around 30 minutes. We just stared at the stars, enjoying each other's company. I looked over at Kakashi and noticed something within the trees. It was a fox! I tapped Kakashi lightly on the chest and he looked at me. I slowly pointed to his right. He looked over and saw it as well. "Wow, those are rare to see around here." He whispered. "Yeah. They're very beautiful creatures." He looked at me. "I agree." We looked back up at the beautiful night sky.

We stayed in silence for another 30 minutes, just thinking about anything that comes to our mind. I layed with my left arm over my chest and my right arm next to me. Kakashi had both of his hands interlocked on his stomach. I saw him move his right hand down palm down to his side as well. I paid no attention to it. A couple seconds later I felt his pinky graze my thumb. I breathed in sharply causing him to move his hand back. Seconds later I felt it again. It stayed there. I slid my thumb underneath his pinky, intertwining them. We stayed like that for a few minutes until I felt him move away. I got a little sad, shortly after I felt his whole hand grasp mine. I gasped quietly and felt his grip loosen. Not wanting him to pull away I held his hand with mine. He adjusted and now we were holding hands. So many questions were running through my head but I decided to worry about it later and just embrace the moment. I didn't want to forget this, even if it means nothing to him.

Hours have passed and we've brought up conversation many of times about many random things but never about us, you know, holding hands. I didn't actually want to talk about it. I never wanted him to let go. I looked at the moon to check the time. It's around 4:00. Training starts around 7:00 today. Might as well just stay here until that starts.

"(Y/n), remember when we were the bodyguards for Tazuna and said I'd teach you a jutsu?" He looked at me and I did the same. "Yeah, you said you'd have to do something before that though." He let go of my hand, sat up and reached into one of his pockets and pulled out a piece of paper. "I want you to use your chakra on this."

Oh my 1385 words. I figured I should give y'all a little more since I've been gone for a while. Plus to be honest this was kinda a fun chapter to write and I just kinda kept going with it.

Thank you my treasures!

Total word count - 1439 words