21st Sword | Shadow, Flames and Disorder

Butterfly Estate

A calm breeze swayed peacefully through the Butterfly Estate, moonlight piercing through the various windows of the estate as various figures moved about in the darkness.

"Let's go. We should be able to get to town by sunrise." Shinobu hummed, opening the sliding door to the Estate as Kanao nodded, silently stepping out behind her.

With Sunia, Lenn, Kiyo, Sumi and Naho holding down the estate(as much as they could, since all of them were currently asleep), it allowed the two to slip away unnoticed.

Naturally, as two highly trained Demon Slayers, Kanao and Shinobu were akin to moving shadows as they raced to the nearby town.

"I wonder what (Y/N) is doing..." Shinobu, upon glancing upwards at the bright moon above, wondered.

Was he also seeing this beautiful moon?

Pft.

How childish of her.

...

(Y/N) gripped his twin blades harshly beneath the looming moon above, his senses practically screaming at him that death was imminent as he faced off against the menace a fair distance away.

Similarly, Rengoku gripped the hilt of his own katana, his gaze both vigilant and wary of the newcomer. Just like (Y/N), he could sense a horrific presence from the newcomer, one that made even him uncertain.

A short, open pink jacket swayed in the breeze from the demon's body, various markings inscribed upon his flesh as he took a low stance, casually crouched with a smile present on his face. The demon had short pink hair and vibrant yellow eyes, wearing little more than a loose open jacket and baggy pants held up by a green loop. He calmly gazed over the three before him, his menacing eyes going over all three of them - as if analyzing them.

(Y/N)'s lips fell into a slight frown.

Rengoku's passionate gaze slowly hardened.

Tanjiro's breathing accelerated in slight fear.

"Upper Moon...Three?!" Tanjiro couldn't help but gasp as he saw the number inscribed into the demon's eyes.

What...what was an Upper Moon doing here?!

Upper Moon Three merely glanced over the three once more, his gaze narrowing ever so slightly. And then, ground shattered, and he disappeared.

"Fast!"

"Shadow Breathing."

"Flame Breathing."

Upper Moon Three appeared before the group in an instant, ignoring both of the Pillars as his gaze was set only on one member of the group.

On the "weakling."

Upper Moon Three sent out a punch of sure death towards Tanjiro's head, giving him little time to do more than watch his death approach.

"Fourth Form: Embraceful Shade!"

"Second Form: Rising Scorching Sun!"

However, before death could descend, two blades instantly intercepted the attack. A faint shadow cut across the arm, severing it fully, before another vertical slash cut the arm in half, burning it to little more than ashes.

Upper Moon Three, however, merely leapt back from the attacks, leaving his ashen arm behind.

Glancing at his now missing arm, Upper Moon Three merely let a smile grace his face, and in an instant, flesh gathered and his arm was formed anew.