Chapter 7

I anxiously put my hood back on, and walked emotionless back to the front door, realizing it was locked. I knocked a few times before Jimmy spoke through the crack.

"Who is here?" he asked loudly.

"It's me," I told him. "It's Ro, buddy."

"Rosalie," he yelled, getting really excited.

"Let me in."

"No!"

"Come on, please?" I pleaded, annoyed with having a little brother at this point.

"Okay!"

The door swung open and he threw himself into me, laughing as I through him over my shoulder and tickled him. When we got to the living room I put him down and I saw my mom lying on the couch, resting. He sat beside her and I sat on the chair while she stared at me with a suspicious smirk.

"Hey, mom," I smiled. "I'm home."

"Did you have fun?"

"Yeah."

"What's her name?" she asked me, looking at her watch.

"Her? Um," I hesitated. "It's not a her."

"What?"

"It was a boy. No big deal."

Her eyes glared into my brain. "A boy?"

"Yeah. He's really nice, and he has a car."

"What about a license?"

"Mom. I said he's a nice guy."

"Did you see his license?"

"He doesn't do drugs, and he's different then other boys," I groaned.

"And how is he different?"

"He cares about me," I said, now in a whisper. "He makes me happy."

"Does my daughter have a crush?" she asked, her voice enthusiastic.

"Mom," I moaned.

"I never though you'd want a boyfriend," she said quickly. "You're so independent."

"He's not my boyfriend. We're just friends," I explained to her.

"He's a good kid?"

"Yes. He gets good grades and he watches over Jake because he's in some of his classes."

"You're dating a senior?"

"We're not dating," I said, frustrated. "He's my friend."

"Oh," she said, standing up and picking up Jimmy.

"Yeah. Besides, he's Stephanie's twin," I smiled, and so did she.

"You're kidding," she laughed.

"Nope. I'm serious."

"When can I meet him?"

I shrugged. "When it's the right time."

"When will that be? How about tomorrow?"

With that, I walked away. I heard how happy she was for me though, which felt nice for a change. I went to my bedroom and closed the door quietly behind me. My necklace was tangled in one of my curls, and when I finally got the knot out, I decided to open the locket. Once it was opened, I stared at the picture of all of us, my family. We were all together and my mom and dad looked very happy. Jake had long hair in this picture, which meant it was taken at least three years ago. Jamie was holding my hand and Jimmy wasn't smiling. I really missed my sister, especially now that I saw the picture of her.