Chapter 9

Xia Liang drove Ji Qin into the gate of the villa and received a WeChat reply from Zhou Shuo.

He looked at the short two words. He had a momentary illusion that Zhou Shuo was arguing with him but he denied his thoughts. 

The impression Zhou Shuo had always been quiet, obedient, and even dull. He really couldn't imagine what Zhou Shuo would look like when he became awkward.

Maybe he's really uncomfortable and didn't have the energy to type a few more words when replying to him. Xia Liang convinced his self like this.

He parked the car in the underground garage. When he opened the door and walked out, he typed a few words: [Then are you at home by yourself? Remember to eat dinner. ]

Ji Qin followed Xia Liang, looked up at the grand villa in front of him, and asked, "Mr. Xia, this is..." 

"My home." Xia Liang paused, and added, "But it's my friend who lives here now."

He took out the key to open the door, paused in front of the door, and rang the doorbell.

Behind him, Ji Qin noticed this detail, and couldn't help but take a look at Xia Liang. 

You respect the privacy of your friend who is living in your own home? Unexpectedly, Mr. Xia has such a delicate side.

Not long after, Li Mo opened the door and asked them while letting them in. "Didn't you say that you'd bring two people here? Where is the other one?" 

"He sick, not coming out at home." Xia Liang said.

Li Mo was stunned. 

"Is it Zhou Shuo? Is he sick? What kind of illness did he have? Didn't I see him all right last night?"

"I also feel puzzled." Xia Liang said, "Maybe he accidentally upset his stomach when he went out on his own last night. He didn't seem to be willing to tell me so I don't want to ask more."

Li Mo then turned away from the subject, turned his head to look at Ji Qin, and said, "This is..." 

"This is Song Yan's distant cousin..."

Xia Liang obviously hadn't remembered his name. His voice hesitated a little. 

Ji Qin took it up naturally. 

"Hello, I'm Ji Qin." 

He stretched out his hand to Li Mo. Li Mo smiled and shook hands with him.

"I am Li Mo."

Although Li Mo is not familiar with Song Yan, he has heard of him. Before he returned to China, Xia Liang called him and said that his brother Xia Lin was going to marry Song Yan. 

At that time, he was a little confused. Isn't Song Yan Xia Lin's childhood friend? Can two men get married in China? Later, after hearing Xia Liang talk about their future, he understood what was going on.

He doesn't know much about the homosexual circle but he knows that same-sex marriage is very difficult. He admires the Song and Xia family's ability to abandon their prejudices and promote this good deed.

Ji Qin finished shaking his hand, stared at Li Mo's face, and asked: "Have I... where have I seen you before?" 

Li Mo was startled. He was completely unfamiliar with Ji Qin's face but he didn't know why Ji Qin thought he had met him.

Xia Liang patted the shoulders of the two of them and said, "Okay, don't stand at the door. Go in and chat while eating." 

When the three of them walked into the kitchen, the table was already full of delicious food.

Ji Qin exclaimed, "Brother Mo, did you make these by yourself?" 

They have only exchanged a few words but he's already calling Li Mo "Brother Mo" familiarly, making Li Mo feel a little uncomfortable. 

He looked at Xia Liang suspiciously. Xia Liang shrugged, showing the same surprised expression.

"I did it all," Li Mo smiled, deliberately humbled, "The time is a bit rushed so I didn't do it well." 

Ji Qin can't wait to sit down.

"Can I start?"

"Sure." 

Ji Qin took a piece of beef tenderloin and stuffed it into his mouth. He then gave Li Mo a thumbs up.

"The color, fragrance, and taste are delicious. It's great!"

Li Mo and Xia Liang looked at each other and laughed. Ji Qin's unobtrusive character is unexpectedly likable. 

Xia Liang took out the red wine he had kept for many years and toasted a glass with the two of them.

"In fact, I brought Ji Qin here because I want to discuss something with you."

"What's up?" 

"Ji Qin came to City B to audition and he has no place to stay. Can he stay here for a few days?"

When Li Mo heard the word "audition", he glanced at Ji Qin keenly and asked, "Are you an actor?"

"Yes." Ji Qin ridiculed himself, "I haven't been out for a long time and I haven't played many TV series so Brother Mo may have never heard of me..."

"No, no, I just came back from abroad so I am a little ignorant." Li Mo said and turned his head to Xia Liang, "I'm fine. This is your house. Of course, you have the final say."

Xia Liang smiled, "If I let Ji Qin stay here, you two will be cohabiting partners in the next period of time. I will naturally ask your opinion first."

Li Mo shook his head, smiled, and said nothing. He understands Xia Liang's personality. With his meticulous and sleek style of acting, if he really wants to ask his opinion in advance, he won't bring Ji Qin directly to ask him in person. I'm afraid there are other intentions, but I can't understand it for a while.

The meal came to an end in a pleasant atmosphere. Li Mo put on his apron, began to clean up the dishes, and declined the help of the other two. 

Ji Qin sat on the sofa and ate two slices of fruit. He saw Xia Liang beckoning silently at him, motioning him to follow him to the outdoor terrace.

Ji Qin followed with a blank face and asked, "Mr. Xia, what's the matter?" 

"I would like to ask for one thing." Xia Liang said with a smile, "If it's done, I won't charge you rent."

Ji Qin knew that Xia Liang was joking about the "rent" so he smiled and said, "This rent is probably not cheap. Don't hesitate to tell me if you have any instructions. Even if I go through fire and water, I have to rent this room back."

Xia Liang was amused with him. He patted Ji Qin on the shoulder and said, "Actually, it is not a difficult thing. I just want to ask you, can Li Mo be brought over on the day of the audition? Please give him a chance to audition. No matter what the role is."

Ji Qin opened his mouth in surprise, "Could it be that Brother Mo is also...?"

Xia Liang nodded. "He was also an actor before but some lawsuits happened later which caused him to retreat for four years. In the past four years, he still wanted to return to China, but for the time being, there is no way..."

Ji Qin was silent for a while. He himself had survived a little bit from the bottom without resources so he could understand Li Mo's situation at this moment very well. 

"No wonder I felt that Brother Mo is a bit familiar. Maybe I've seen him acting before." Ji Qin said and smiled heartily, "No problem, Mr. Xia. This matter is on me."

He paused and then asked: "But I don't understand, given your friendship with Brother Mo, wouldn't it be easy to introduce resources to Brother Mo?"

Xia Liang sighed.

"I've thought about it but he has a gentle personality and is very stubborn. If I directly help him pull the resources, he will definitely not accept it." 

Xia Liang paused. He looked at Ji Qin with a smile, "From this perspective, the two of you are a bit alike."