Chapter 77 - Who Are You?

A few hours later,the operation theater's doors opened and a team of doctors in green scrubs came out.The Head Surgeon came towards Ryu Long to let him know the patient's status.The doctor was a senior and not easily intimidated.He introduced himself and them moved on to the report,"Mr Long,your wife is currently in medically induced sleep.The wound on her shoulder was not very deep and only required a few stitches.It will heal in a couple of weeks.The damage to her calf though was severe.The knife was embedded very deep.We have stitched the wounds but the damage is great.She will need to be on bed rest for at least 3 months and then start by walking slowly and doing light exercises.Luckily the knife did not pierce the bone.There will be some scarring on the shoulder for which we have prescribed medicine but the scarring on her leg is going to be severe and will not go away without surgery which cannot be done before a year.She has lost a lot of blood so needed transfusion.Madam Long will feel dizzy and light headed for some time but otherwise she should be fine and be able to go home in a few days.If you need to know anything please do let us know.Madam Long will be shifted to the V.I.P Room very soon.You can go and see her there."

With a curt,"Thank You" to the doctor,Ryu turned and moved towards the V.I.P room on the top floor.The basic courtesy of thanking left the doctor very surprised.Most rich people tended to forget these basic manners but not Ryu Long.The doctor felt glad that he had taken the time to explain the injuries to this man.

Late at night in the Hospital Room:

A pale woman opened her eyes to a dimly lit room.She slowly blinked her eyes and looked around the room.The room was empty with no sounds coming from anywhere.She was about to close her eyes tiredly when a handsome but weary face suddenly entered her vision.Scared for a moment she stared at the face.Was he an angel?Was she dead?Was he the grim reaper?She was dying...She was certain she should have been in pain but she couldn't feel pain anywhere.Also wherever she was lying was very soft...it had to be some clouds...only after a few minutes did she realize that the angel was saying something.She made a concentrated effort to listen and realized he was asking if she wanted any water.She nodded her head slowly still staring at the angel.The angel soon brought a spoon close to her parched lips and gave her small sips of water.She was still staring at him with wide eyes.

Ryu was feeling a bit weird because of Alicia's unblinking stare.She was looking at him as if he was a stranger.He had been unable to sit throughout the day due to worry.He had just stepped out of the room to make a phone call when ha came back and saw her moving.Once she stopped drinking,he kept the glass and spoon aside and asked,"How are you feeling?Do you feel any pain?"

With the same glassy eyes,Alicia stared at him and asked,"Are you my angel?You are very handsome angel.But I hoped my angel looked like Jin...he is worldwide handsome"

Alicia saw that the more she spoke the more her angel was frowning.Maybe she had hurt his feelings.She immediately said,"Don't worry...you are very handsome too!!"

Ryu stared at the woman who was blabbering and wondered if she had hurt her head also and nobody realized.Or maybe she was shocked.He was about to call for a doctor when she suddenly held his wrist and asked, "Who are you,really?At least tell me your name.My name is Alicia.What is your name Angel Ryu?"

It took the confused Ryu that Alicia had called him by his name.He looked at her in shock to see her grinning from ear to ear.The girl was crazy!The first thing she does after being unconscious for so long was to prank him!

Glaring at her, he said "You just gave me a scare!I was about to call the doctor to see if you were suffering from some side effects!"

Smiling and not looking the least bit sorry she said,"But you looked so cute with that little frown on your face when you asked how I was feeling...so I thought to tease you...Sorry...Hubby...actually I am not feeling too good...I can't feel my leg...HUH!!!They did not chop off my leg right!??Help me up!!!please..please.."

This woman could jump topics faster than the blink of an eye!Exasperated and forgetting that he was angry he pushed back the struggling woman and said,"Lie back.Your leg is still attached to where it should be but you need to rest to help it recover...Now are you hungry?"

Vigorous nod of head and a loud rumble of the stomach were the answers he received.Smiling and giving her a natural kiss on the forehead,he moved back and said, "I am ordering some light soup for you.Rest until then."