Chapter 78 - Hospitalized

In the dim glow of the night light,Alicia stared at Ryu as he made a phone call to order soup for her.Actually when she woke up,she had been disoriented.For a few seconds she had been confused between the past and the present.Then she had seen around the luxurious room and been relieved and sad.The big room was proof of her present but the empty room made her feel sad.Not that she expected to Ryu to stand on hand and foot for her.But she knew unbound joy when his face suddenly appeared in front of her.She really believed him to be her angel.Smiling at his dumbstruck look when she started blabbering,Alicia thought that Ryu Long was really too cute!

Just then a sudden pain from her calf rid all the way to her t.h.i.g.hs and her entire leg started throbbing.She almost screamed in pain but muffled at the last moment to a groan.However, that too was heard by the man with vampire hearing and he immediately questioned,"What's wrong?"

"My wound is throbbing as if there are a hundred elephants dancing on it."

Ryu:"..." exaggeration much?

Ryu immediately rang the bell on the side of the bed.Though there was no sound that could be heard,a nurse clad in a pale pink uniform walked in immediately.Mechanically from the door the nurse softly asked,"How may I help you Mr Long?"

"My wife is in extreme pain."Ryu Long glared back and answered.

Seeing the patient awake,she gave a polite,"Good evening Madam Long.It is time for your medicine.Since you were asleep and anybody who tried to wake you was being glared at by your lovely husband,your pain killer has been delayed which is why you are feeling pain.Please do not worry.I will inject the pain killer into your IV immediately.Would you like to order anything to eat.We have a 24 hour functional canteen for our VIP patients."

While talking continuously,the stout middle aged nurse had already injected the pain killer and was continuing to talk.The nurse sure was a smooth talker.She had squarely placed the blame for her pain on Ryu and reprimanded his irrational behavior indirectly.

With another smile directed at the nurse,Alicia answered "No,Thank you.My husband has already ordered some for me."

The nurse suspiciously muttered something that sounded like "Should have known.After all the man is a love sick fool" but before Ryu could confront her for it she excused herself and went out saying to ring the bell if they needed anything.

A few minutes later,Alicia was starting to feel sleepy again when she saw Ryu coming towards her with a small table in hand.Spreading it's legs on either side of her body. Ryu pressed another button on the bed side table and her bed slowly rose up to make her sit in a sitting condition..He then brought a large napkin and placed it around her neck.

Exasperated at being treated like a child,Alicia tried to speak but before she could utter a word,there was a knock on the door.Ryu opened the door and received the thermos from Assistant Yang.As he was about to shut the door in poor Assistant Yang's face,Assistant Yang held out another parcel and walked in towards Alicia saying,"This is from Master Ru fro Madam.He says you can have this also if you are feeling sad over being hurt and not to worry about him.He also says he will come visit Madam tomorrow."

Assistant Yang placed the parcel on the bed side table and then another saying,"This Madam is from me and my wife.We wish you a quick and blessed recovery.Good Night Boss and Good Night Madam."

With this Assistant Yang turned on his heel to leave but stopped at Alicia's polite and slightly emotional ,"Thank you,Assistant Yang.You are too kind."With a final nod of acknowledgement,Assistant Yang left.

By now Ryu had poured the contents of the thermos into a bowl and was stirring it slowly while bringing it to her table.Alicia brought out her hand to take the bowl but he placed the bowl on the table,sat beside the table and picking up the spoon,he dipped it into the bowl,brought it close to his mouth,blew on it and then offered it to Alicia.

Never in a billion years would Alicia have expected that she would confess her love rather blurt her love to a man who was trying to feed her soup."I Love You."

Ryu who was waiting for her to open her mouth to drink the soup with his hand outstretched jerked in shock and almost threw the hot soup on her."What did you say?"

Alicia who was also shocked about the words she had blurted quickly drank the soup and then said,"I said I love soup."