Chapter 8

I walked to my room and closed the door, walking to my window and opening it up. It was really nice out, and there was a cold breeze that made me shiver in the wind. I stuck my head outside and decided I was going to climb out, so I did. I sat against the side of the house for a while, staring at the grass and thinking about everything that had been going on for the past year of my life.

After about a half an hour passed by, while I lied on the grass and was staring up at the sky, looking at the clouds and how different they were compared to the ones in Florida. I was so mad at my father that I wanted to cry. But I didn't. I held the pain and hurt inside my heart, and closed my eyes to make the thought of him disappear.

Before I knew it the skyline eventually became darker, making the clouds turn a little pink, and a mixture of so many other colors. It was beautiful. I really wanted to get out of my house, and even though I was lying outside it still wasn't cutting it.

Suddenly I heard my phone ring from inside my bedroom, and I hurried off the grass and jumped inside, tripping over my feet and falling flat onto my face. I quickly got up, darted to my dresser and picked up the phone, pressing the start button and letting out a long breath.

"Hello?" I said quickly.

"I see you," the voice said.

"What?" I gasped, looking out the window and seeing who was there.

"I'm just kidding, it's me," he laughed. "Relax."

"Alex?" I growled, letting out another deep breath.

"Yeah. Sorry if I scared you."

"If? You did scare me, actually. Thanks a lot," I said.

"Oh, I'm sorry," he told me. "Really I am."

"Yup," I said.

"You can hang up on me if you want," he laughed again.

I smiled. "No, it's fine."

"Good. So, what's going on?"

"Well I was just lying outside looking up at the clouds," I answered quietly, kneeling in front of my opened window.

"That's nice," he said softly.

"Yeah, what about you? What have you been doing?"

"I'm at my house right now, standing out on the balcony, bored out of my mind."

"You have a balcony?"

"Yeah," he said, with what sounded like humor in his voice.

"Where?" I smiled at the imagine of him inside my head.

"Outside of my bedroom, I have a sliding door that goes out onto a small deck."

"Oh, that sounds cool," I said, sitting on my bed and sucking in a deep breath.

"Yeah, but it's not very amusing. I'm bored."

"Why don't you call one of your friends?" I tested, biting my lip and waiting nervously.

"But, I thought you and me were hanging out later?"

I smiled, letting out another short breath of relief. "Oh yeah," I said, trying not to seem desperate. "I forgot."

"Did you?"

"Yeah, sorry," I said, trying not to laugh either.

"We don't have to if you're not up for it anymore."

"Oh!" I immediately said, really loud. "No, I want to!"

I could tell he was trying not to laugh at me. "Alright, so when do you want me to come get you?"