Chapter 82 - His Head on A Platter

Assistant Yang called in a press conference for 1.00 p.m.The effects of this morning's rumors though had not affected the company,there is nothing to say that they won't affect in the future also.The spread of gossip about Ryu Long's marriage was not a problem.In fact that was positive news.Many old shareholders had been harping about Ryu's single status.But the rumor that his wife had been stabbed by the CEO himself was disturbing and defaming.Also,someone was trying to fine about the whereabouts of Leona Knight and curb the truth.He had received many calls to confirm about Ryu Long and whether he was currently in prison.

Early in the morning at 9.00am

Ryu woke to the sound of a phone ringing.Waking up blearily,he found that he was still sleeping in the same position with his hand on Alicia's waist.The phone stopped ringing only to start again a minute later. Irritated,he picked up the call and heard what Assistant Yang had to report.Listening to the report,Ryu mumbled a yes and then got up to freshen up.It seemed he was not going to get a holiday as it is.Placing his cell phone on the bed side table,he glanced at Alicia who had started to move and went towards the washroom.

After 15 minutes,Ryu came out of the washroom wearing a pair of grey trousers and white shirt.His jacket was hanging in the wardrobe and his top 2 buttons were still undone.He saw that Alicia was awake and already staring at him.Raising his eyebrow at her,he went towards the side table to wear his Rolex and get his phone.Alicia saw him ready to go and rolled her eyes internally. Wasn't he getting a leave today?What happened to that?Now he was all suited up.In a sulky voice,which was a bit heavy due to sleep,Alicia asked,"What happened to your leave today?Weren't you suppose to spend it to take care of me?"

Ryu looked up to see Alicia staring at him.It seemed She was in a mood to fight.However,before Ryu could answer,there was a knock on the door."Come in." called out Ryu.

A trollley was the first to come in.Pushing it in was a young nurse.Bowing deeply,the nurse said,"Good morning Sir,good morning Madam.My name is Nurse Mo.It is time for Madam to freshen up and change her bandages.Also what would madam like to eat?We can have it prepared by the time your bandages are changed.

Sulkily,Alicia answered,"His head on a platter will be fine".The nurse looked up in shock to see Alicia pointing towards Ryu. Meanwhile,

Ryu:".."

Seeing that the nurse was feeling scared,Ryu smiled and said,"You are a bloodthirsty one Missus.My head won't taste as good.Nurse Mo please ask the kitchens to prepare a sweet porridge for Madam Long."

Once the nurse heard the order,she scurried out of the room as if a few mad dogs were on her heel.

Ryu,then looked at Alicia and said,"No need to pout.I will be back soon.I have to attend a press conference regarding our marriage.It seems some enterprising body is spreading rumors that I have stabbed my new wife and she is currently hanging between life and death."

Alicia:".." Are people dumb enough to believe that.

However,satisfied with his explanation,Alicia decided to keep mum.She was staring as he picked up his phone.She felt a twinge of guilt and her expression turned weird. Ryu saw this and looked at her questioningly.However she immediately smoothed her expression and subdued her guilt.

What she had done to his phone wouldn't really harm him long term....right????

With a stern warning to ,"Take care",Ryu left for the day.