Chapter 26

Castor was riding on a high like she'd never felt before

Ireland had, in fact, won the match. And she'd been absolutely elated for the Weasley twins who had perfectly predicted the outcome of the game, winning the bet they'd placed with Ludo Bagman earlier. She'd just about smacked them both upside the head when she found out the amount they'd bet on it, their entire life savings.

Krum had caught the snitch, but Ireland had won the game.

The walk back to their tent was filled with shouts of victory and grinning faces of quidditch fans all around. She'd met up with Eliza, and though she was sad her team had lost, she celebrated with them all the same.

"There's no one like Krum!" Ron was still going on about his favorite player. "He's like a bird the way he rides the wind."

"You sound like you might be in love!" Eliza and Castor laughed, leaning into each other as Ron ignored them.

"Viktor, I love you!"

"Viktor, I do!"

"When we're apart my heart beats only for you!" The Weasley twins teased their brother, continuing to throw the Irish flag over his red and black clothes. There were a few excited shouts from outside the tent.

"Oh!" Eliza looked at the watch on her wrist. "I should get back to my own camp. Mom and dad said we were making smores, if you guys want to come?" There were a few more shouts from outside.

"Sounds like the Irish have got their pride on." Fred was interrupted by their dad running back into the tent.

"Stop! Stop it!" He stopped Ron and George from wrestling any further the teenagers in the room all calmed at the panic in their dad's voice. "It's not the Irish. We've got to get out of here, now!"

They had no time to grab their things, Mr. Weasley instructed everyone to make sure they had their wand before he ushered them out of their tent. The sight that greeted them was far from pleasant. The scent of burning canvas and ash was in the air, and the panicked screams of the other guests all around them.

"Get out of here! It's the Death Eaters!"

Eliza gasped, seeing the direction that everyone was running from was in the direction of her parent's camp.

"My camp is that way! My parents!" Eliza began to move forward but was held back by Mr. Weasley.

"Get back to the portkey everybody, and stick together!" He ordered. More waves of people were storming past them now, a stampede of footsteps and more burning tents. Castor saw the Death Eaters now, dark black cloaks and bright shiny masks that hid their identities. "Fred, George! Ginny is your responsibility! Go!"

The screams were deafening now, and Pollux moved to run after the rest of the group when Eliza broke free of his hold. The brunette rushed past Castor in the direction of her camp. She began to run after her friend, when Pollux's strong grip held her back.