⤷ 02| TRIALS

chapter two : trials

☆ ☆ ☆

"As I've mentioned before, trials will take three days," Kendra Blake told June and the others the next morning. "You will get tested in Concealment and Disguise, Stealth and Tracking, Battle Instinct, Best-Laid Plans, Duelling in the Dark, Field Training, History of the Dark Arts and The Auror Advantage."

June scribbled it all down on a piece of parchment before looking up again.

"These next three days you will eat, sleep and train together," Kendra continued, her piercing blue eyes eying them closely. "Proudfoot here will take you to your shared room. Get settled and meet me back here for the first trial in ten."

June took her bag and trailed after the others as they followed a middle aged man who presumably was Proudfood.

"Right, lads," he said, opening a door and turning on the light, revealing a small room filled with bunk beds. "Here's where some of us crash after a long day and we're too tired to head home." He grinned. "It's also a good hiding place to hide from your wife!" He threw his head back and roared in laughter.

June, Alaska and Cedric exchanged a glance.

Proudfoot glanced at his watch. "Another eight minutes," he said. "Better get ready, lads!"

June and Alaska moved to a bunk bed in the back and the former threw her bag on the upper bed as the latter took the lower bed. Cedric took the bunk bed next to theirs.

"Do you know what will happen?" Cedric asked Alaska. "You know, with your mum being Kendra Blake and all."

Alaska looked grimly. "She didn't tell me anything so I don't know."

"I guess we'll just have to wait and see," June said, straightening her robes. "We better head back. I don't want to be late for whatever the first trial will be."

By the time they returned, the room was filled with tables and chairs. Onto each table was ink and a quill. Kendra stood at the front, holding bundles of parchment.

"Have a seat," was all she said, nodding at the desks.

June moved towards the nearest desk and sat onto the chair. Her hazel eyes darted upwards to Kendra, who started handing out the bundles of parchment.

"Your first trial will be a theoretical test," Kendra said, dropping a bundle in front of June. "It will consist mainly about giving spells and their functions. It will be the easiest trial of them all."

She returned back to the front and flipped an hourglass upside down. "You have exactly one hour. Good luck."

☆ ☆ ☆

"Okay, that wasn't too bad, right?" Cedric said, though it sounded a bit uncertain.

"It went good," June said, nodding in agreement.