Chapter 52 - The Roaring Fire

Lloyd flew his elemental dragon to the mountain Lucy was on.

"Come on — Lucy!" He called, ignoring the fact that the mountain was surrounded by flames. "Lucy!"

"You shouldn't be here."

Lloyd turned to see a cloaked figure coming out of the smoke. They weren't Lucy, he could tell from their voice.

"Who are you?" Lloyd questioned, blinking away tears caused by the smoke.

"Doesn't matter. I was supposed to handle whatever Ninja showed up, except for you," they said. "Leave. Lucy doesn't want to see you, or anybody for that matter."

"No — I need to talk to my sister —"

"Maybe you should've tried calling her when she needed you," they snapped. "It's over, Green Ninja. Ninjago is done. And for the record, it's nobody's fault but you Ninja's."

"Where is Lucy?" Lloyd demanded, shifting a leg back into a prepared attack position.

"If she's going ahead with the plans, you may want to get to the Blackwood Forest. Hellfire waits for no man," they saluted and the smoke thickened.

"Hey!" Lloyd coughed, trying to go after them but failing, the winds picked up and pushed the smoke around.

He fell to the ground, coughing, gasping for actual air, for oxygen, and failing. Only inhaling smoke.

His vision, eyes already stinging, blurred.

Suddenly, he inhaled sharply as fresh air filled his lungs.

"You idiot," a muffled voice said. The smoke around him dissipated, a bubble of safety forming around him. "You should've left when 'Rumi said too. Hellfire smoke is so much more damaging."

Lloyd coughed, someone lifting him up.

"There you go. Breathe. Good."

Lloyd's vision returned to normal, his breathing remained ragged.

"Lucy?"

(A/N: Here's new Lucy!)

"Yeah, now all you're going to do is insist I can come back from this," her face came into view and Lloyd was able to stand on his own. She stepped back several steps. "I will say, the only people I want to be hurt here, is those—bitches I once called family. The exceptions being you and Nya. Everyone else..." a sadistic grin appeared on her face. "Will burn."

"Why?" Lloyd asked.

Her grin dropped. "Why? Why?! Oh they know why. They know. And they'll suffer for it. Get out of the smoke before you die, Lloyd. By the way, you probably should've finished reading this," she threw a book at the ground in front of him. "Maybe you would've known what was to come back then, maybe you wouldn't have been stupid enough to try and save me. If Chen had his way, I would be dead and this? This wouldn't be happening."