Chapter 13

I was extremely sneaky walking down the small flight of stairs, making sure my steps weren't too loud. When I got into my closet I shut the small door behind me, and slid my shoe rack in front of it just in case. I was still planning what I should do and what I should say to my mom, because I wasn't supposed to leave my room let alone the house in the first place.

Quickly I jumped into my pajamas and looked in the mirror. I almost didn't recognize myself. I looked so happy! It was like I was glowing. I had to think of a reason as to why I didn't hear her calling me. My plan was that I was blasting the ipod in my closet with the door shut. I was angry with her, and I didn't want to hear her voice, although I was definitely going to leave that part out. That gave me a good reason to not hear her screaming at me, because the metal music that was playing was blasting into my eardrums. Maybe this would work, hopefully. I searched for my ipod and when I found it I turned the music on to look more realistic. I then sat in my closet very out of breath, and laughed to myself. What a night. I couldn't believe Stephanie had almost caught me, being her best friend, kissing her twin brother. Even through all of the thoughts running through my head, I still didn't let Alexander leave my mind. I couldn't believe the chemistry we shared as we were with each other, and especially when we kissed.

"Rose!" My mom screamed, banging on my door until I got up and opened it, the headphones still in my ears.

"Yeah?" I asked her, taking them out, realizing how loud they sounded.

She stared at me suspiciously, and I knew right then I had gotten away with it. "Why didn't you let me in?"

"What do you mean?"

"Turn down the volume," she grimaced, as I did what she said.

"Sorry."

"I was calling for you."

"I didn't hear you," I smiled.

"I thought you must have ran away," she guessed.

"I was in my closet trying to avoid the sound of your voice."

"You're not very funny," she said, starting to walk away until she turned around and put her nose against my neck.

"Mom," I wined, stepping away from her as she glared at me in confusion. "Personal space. Ever heard of it?"

"You smell like cologne," she finally answered, as my face turned hot.

"I do?"

"Yeah," she said, shaking her head. "Why on earth would you be wearing cologne?"

Because I was making out with the boy of my dreams? I got an idea. "It was dads."

She looked pissed, and she let out a deep breath of anger, which was exactly what I was going for. "What?"

"I stole it from him before we left, you know, for a reminder of him being my father."

"Oh," she shrugged, hopelessly. "Okay?"

"Yeah."

She wouldn't stop staring at me. "Hmm."

I swallowed loudly. "Where's Jake?" I smiled.

"Out with his friends," she answered happily. "He was getting on my nerves so I made him leave."

"Is he coming back?"

"God, I hope not," she laughed. I knew she was kidding.

"Alright," I muttered.