Chapter Thirteen

B E L L A M Y

I hadn't bought as much coffee in my life as I did in the following days. Every day I went to the shop to grab some, hoping I would hear if I was hired or not.

By the time I could hear colors a week later, it finally happened.

Just like every day, I woke up early, shooting on some clothes and running out of the house to get to the coffee shop.

Before I went inside I stopped to catch my breath, trying not to look like a lunatic—all sweaty and breathing heavily.

Once I had collected myself, I walked in, smiling at Kelly. She had been here every single morning, and I started to wonder if there were other people working here.

"Hi." I beamed, pretending to be studying the menu as if I hadn't memorized it a couple of days ago. "Can I have a black coffee and a latte?"

Kelly nodded with a slightly more relaxed expression on her face, turning to the coffee machine.

"Ah, Bellamy!" I heard, and David came walking in. "Just the woman I wanted to see."

Ok, stay calm.

I turned to face him. "Please, call me Bella."

Keeping my emotions somewhat at bay, I looked at the man, waiting for him to say something.

"I was about to call you," he said, and I began to become impatient. "We've had some other people coming in applying for the job..."

Oh, come on.

"And?" I tried to sound calm and collected.

"Well, we've decided that we want you to come strengthen our team."

I looked at Kelly for a second, who shrugged and finished my order.

"Really?" I questioned

David chuckled. "Yes, really. How soon can you start?"

Shifting on my feet, I figured out my answer. Tomorrow was Dad's birthday party, but that was in the evening. Or maybe I should just start on Monday? Then again, I need all the money I can get and I was pretty excited to start.

"I'm free tomorrow until five," I replied, and David nodded.

"Ok." He walked around the counter and rummaged through a drawer until he found a certain piece of paper. "Kelly and I won't be in tomorrow morning, but Reed can show you the ropes. He works the weekends, but knows practically everything."

"Thank you," I breathed out, getting slightly nervous.

After David had handed me what appeared to be a contract and talked me through, I payed for the coffees and skipped out of the shop.

The sun was shining, I had a new job, and the coffee in my hand smelled delicious.

I normally didn't get one for Isaac, simply because I had to get up really early to catch him on time, but I knew that on Fridays he started a little later.

A little less than a ten minute walk later, I came home.

"Isaac!" I yelled into the house as I closed the door behind me, trying not to spill our drinks everywhere.

"What?" he yelled back, skipping down the stairs.

"I brought you coffee." I placed the black coffee on the dinner table, smiling up to my brother as he walked up to me.

"Thanks, but I got to run." He quickly peck me on the forehead and hurried out of the room, grabbing his car keys from the table next to the front door.