Chapter 18

The day flew by and my mom picked me and Jake up after school, and we drove to my aunt's house to spend the rest of the day there. We ate dinner, and I slept over and had a good time with my cousins, but no matter what we did I just couldn't get Alexander off my mind. I went home Saturday afternoon and didn't call him. My mother and me watched movies and relaxed the whole day, but still, I was so scared something had happened that I couldn't stop thinking about him. Sunday came, and I decided it was best to just sleep the whole day. I kept sleeping, so when the night came I was wide awake. I stayed up the whole night, and finally fell asleep at five in the morning and woke up an hour later. I was extremely exhausted, and in such a bad mood. I quickly got dressed and walked to school with my brother, us both not saying a word. There was honestly nothing to say.

First period went by really slow, probably because of Alex not showing up to my locker, for the sixth time now. Stephanie was there, but she didn't say anything to me. I was chewing on the cap to my pen, trying to relieve some stress and anger, but it obviously didn't work like I wanted it to.

The bell rang and I didn't go to second period. The whole day went on, and I skipped lunch and sat in a stall in the bathroom. It was time for track, finally, last period, and I was speechless. People rushed passed me while I stood motionless in front of my locker, not having any idea on what to do. At this point I had my head fully in my locker, hallways empty, ready to start screaming until I had a feeling that I wasn't alone anymore. I pulled out my head and saw Alexander standing less then a foot away from me. His eyes were bluer then usual, almost watery, and his cheeks were rosy.

"Hey," he whispered.

"Alex," I gasped heavily, leaping forward and wrapping my arms around him, not wanting to let go. I almost forgot how mad I was at him. "Oh my god... Where have you been?" I asked, way too demanding.

He smiled as I pulled away. "What, why are you using that tone with me?"

"Where have you been," I repeated, getting aggravated. "Answer me."

He frowned. "That's highly rude."

"No, what's rude is how you just disappeared!" I growled impatiently.

"Are you having a bad day?"

"It isn't funny," I pouted, noticing how it looked like he lost weight. "Are you sick? You look really thin."

"I'm okay."

"Alex you didn't even have the heart to call me! Can't you tell I'm falling for you?" I begged him, tears coming to my eyes because of how worried I had been.

"I'm sorry," he said quietly. "What's the matter? What's wrong?"

"Are you kidding me? You actually care?"

His mouth dropped. "You're not being very polite."

"The hell with politeness," I said, slamming my locker.

"Woah," he sighed. "Wait a minute."

"No," I refused. "You've been gone for a week."

"Why does this concern you?"

"You haven't even called me. I thought you got hit by a car or something."

His jaw tightened. "Well I didn't."

"I thought you were dead."

"Why would I be dead?" he said, looking miserably concerned. "I'm still alive."