'13

"The next morning I was feeling very weak but I managed to get dressed for my morning lectures,even after arguing with Halima that I must stay back and rest I still wouldn't agree to miss out a single lecture"

"We went for our lectures and I could feel almost everyone staring at me,my eyes was all heavy and puffy and my face became all red,everyone knew that I wasn't alright,for I always come to lectures with a smile on my face,but today I know I looked terrible but who cares"

"After our lectures,Halima insisted we go to the hospital,but as stubborn as I was I didn't agree to that"

"We were  heading back to the hostel,when mama called me"

"Assalamualaikum Amaani"mama said with all excitement in her voice.

"Waalaikumusalam Mama"I managed to say,and hope I don't sound sick.

"Ooh my, what's wrong Amaani?are you sick?is everything alright?"mama asked worriedly.

"Mama I'm perfectly fine"

"I don't agree with that,now where's Halima?give her the phone"I handed the phone to Halima.

"They exchange pleasantries and Halima told her everything not leaving a single part"she handed me the phone.

"I'm going to call your medical personnel right now so you will have a checkup okay?"

"But ma....she cut me off saying no...but and that's final"I sighed heavily and said okay.

"Some minutes later,My medical personnel called me and asked me to go meet him at premier Hospital,without arguing I headed to the parking lot where the driver is waiting for us"

"In about some minutes we reached the hospital and right on time we were led by a nurse to go meet Dr.Rayan"

A man who looks in his mid twenties walked in,he has an almond shaped eyes,bushy brows,peach pink lips and broad shoulders.

"Assalamualaikum"he said in a soft  voice.

"Wa alaika salam Dr.Rayan"We said in unison"

"It's been long and you don't look so good Amaani,tell me what's wrong?"he asked while checking my temperature.

"I'm fine doctor it's just a little fever"

"It doesn't seems like it Amaani,you have a very high fever and your body is very weak,do you have a stomachache,headache?

"Just a little headache"A nurse came in and took my blood sample as instructed"

"The result will be out in about thirty minutes"he said and smiled.

"Thank you doctor"Halima said with a big smile plastered on her lips.

"Now will you please excuse me ,I'll be back in the next thirty minutes I have a surgery in about two hours,please make yourself comfortable ladies"he smiled and walked out.