three

Scarlett is nine months old.

Scarlett had spoken her first word at nine months old.

The Romanos and Valencias had decided to go out for a family dinner one day. Aries and Lucius were going to be late since they had some work at the warehouse so little Scarlett was left with her mom and her other brothers, looking rather fussy because neither her daddy nor her favorite brother was in sight.

But God once she spotted her father walking up to them with her brother in tow, she started squirming in her youngest brother's arms, trying to reach out to her father.

"Oh my god what's up with you today sunshine? Why are you so fussy?" Atlas asked her in a gentle tone, rubbing her back.

By now, Aries and Lucius had almost reached the table and Aries saw his little girl reaching out to him with a frown on her cute face.

Then she got so frustrated, that she started squirming harder with tears in her eyes, which caused Atlas to almost drop her.

"Whoa what's up with you?" He was wide eyed.

"Dada!" Her small voice yelled, shocking everyone.

She had said her first word. Though everyone was disappointed it wasn't them, they knew it was only wishful thinking. It would've either been Aries or Lucius or maybe Athene if she was lucky but not the others.

Aries almost ran and snatched his daughter from a pouting Atlas.

"Say dada again baby come on, say dada" He urged her looking like a kid on Christmas morning.

She giggled and squished his cheeks, giving him a slobbery kiss.

"Dada!" She clapped her hands together in glee.

"Oh come on! You forgot our lessons already? You had to say dom not dada!" Domenico whined.

"Dada?" She tilted her head, looking like a cute puppy.

"Yes dada. Don't listen to him baby." Aries turned her away from his son who was just staring at him in disbelief.

"Mom tell your husband i wanna talk to my baby sister!" Domenico scowled.

"Love, tell your son this is my daughter and she wants me right now. Not him." He grinned.

Oblivious to all of this, Scarlett was just busy playing with her father's ear when suddenly, she bit it. It didn't hurt, it just tickled a little.

She had started teething last month and she would randomly start chewing on anything she had in her hands. In this case, her fathers ear.

"Yeah I don't think that tasted very nice baby." Lucius chuckled, taking her from Aries.

She giggled, standing up on Lucius' lap and giving him a big sloppy hug. Scarlett couldn't walk yet, she just crawled and she could even stand up.

She started babbling something Lucius had no idea about but he still paid attention. She kept saying dada numerous times so he guessed it was something about their father.

Then one by one the whole family arrived. The last to come was Salvatore Romano, who may or may not have purposely come in late so he would be the last hold his granddaughter and keep her with him.

"Hi my love." Salvatore greeted his beloved and only granddaughter when he picked her up in his arms.

She let out a little squeal at her grandpa and then said her favorite and the only word she could speak, again.

She pointed to where her father and mother were sitting and said, "dada......usi!" She squealed and clapped her hands.

"Did she just-" Everyone was wide eyed.