48 || stay

alexa, play blue hour by mothica

Two Days Later

DAY 51

Beep.

Beep.

Beep.

Weakly pushing open her eyelids, which felt like they had something heavy preventing them from doing so, Amelia squinted as the bright lights overhead made her eyes sting slightly. Her surroundings were blurred, all she could make out was a fuzzy haze as she blinked profusely - worried that perhaps her vision was permanently going to stick this way.

A searing pain ripping through her abdomen distracted Amelia from her troublesome eyesight, reminding her of what happened in order to feel this excruciating ache.

Just the recollection of the Russian man jabbing the knife into her torso made Amelia's blood pressure rise anxiously. Her subconscious had hoped that it was all one big horrible dream. Maybe she had fallen asleep on the Quinjet on the way to Siberia and had a nightmare of her biggest fears, the things she was actually afraid of happening.

However, as her sight slowly began to return back to normal, the needle inserted in her arm and the tub branching out from her nose said otherwise. Amelia's petite fingers fidgeted with the fabric of her green hospital gown as she tried to push her traumatic memories deep down until she couldn't feel anything anymore.

James.

Where was James?

Did they take down Hydra?

All Amelia could remember was passing out from the pain as she swayed in James' arms - listening to his soft pleas in her ear. Everything had just faded to black, literally. There was no bright, white light. No meeting with someone from the afterlife who urged her to continue fighting for her life. Just nothing.

"Fucking hell, Amelia, you're awake."

Amelia's hazel eyes snapped up to find the familiar voice, blinking in a confused haze as they fell on James' blue eyes that had dark bags growing underneath them. The coffee in his hand along with his bloodshot eyes indicated that he hadn't gotten any sleep recently.

"Mmm," she mumbled quietly, her words failing her, as she nodded.

Her heart swelled with a warmth as she watched James rush over to her bedside, hovering over her worriedly. Amelia wanted more than anything to lift her hand and caress his scruffy face, but she barely had the energy to even peer up at him. James leaned down, pressing his trembling lips to her forehead for a few moments, his breath halting in his chest as he squeezed his eyes shut and grasped Amelia's face between his hands.