10.

Y'all need to start interacting with this book more!! Too many ghost readers up here.

Omniscient

Naala was stunned. Everyone was speaking around her but she was still processing. She was convinced that she was dreaming. There was no way her life was a lie. The messed up shit show she called a life was all a lie.

"So you lied to me?" Naala asked, her eyes meeting Miani's.

"Naala let's talk privately," Miani rushed out. Naleli, who's name Naala had just learnt rolled her eyes.

"Mommy you sat in front of me and cried." Naala muttered. "We cried together, about the time we lost and that was all a lie,"

"You whine a lot," Naleli said directly to Naala. Naala looked at her twin sister with a mug.

"Bitch don't talk to me," Naala snapped at her. Naleli laughed, her smile brightening the same brown eyes they shared.

"Someone's touchy," Naleli teased. "Why so hostile sissy?"

"Does she think this is a game?" Naala asked Dave who put his hand on her thigh.

"Baby listen to what they have to say" Dave said in a comforting tone. At that moment, Miani was appreciative of Dave's presence.

"You're really hot," Naleli said eye fucking Dave. Dave sat awkwardly, it felt weird that someone who looked exactly like his wife was complimenting him.

"Like really hot, have you got a brother? Better yet, when my sisters done being a prude hit me up," Naleli said making eye contact with Naala.

"Naleli stop it," Miani warned, "Naala please understand I never meant to keep this from you. I was trying to protect you,"

"Protect me from what?" Naala argued. "So everything you told me was a lie," She added. "The story about the hospital, the name, was any of it real?" Naala questioned.

Miani shook her head sadly. Naala chuckled and sat back.

"So Fallons? What is that?" Naala quizzed. Her mother had convinced her Fallon's was named after her.

"It was a cover up, Naala." Miani admitted. "Fallon's is only open two times a week and how much do you bring in a week?" Miani asked her.

"About 50k," Naala said slowly. It was all making sense to her. She never questioned it but now it made sense, how could a restaurant make that much in a week when it barely opened.

"That bread delivery every Tuesday," Naala whispered to herself.

"We use it to wash our money dummy," Naleli said picking at her nails in boredom.

"This is bullshit, I'm leaving," Naala said standing up. Dave stood aswell, putting his hand on the small of her back. He wanted to get her out of the situation because she wasn't in the best place right now.

"Sit down," Eli commanded. His security put their hands on their waist, ready to pull their guns if necessary.

"I don't want to sit here and listen to this. I have kids, a family. I'm not running a drug syndicate, I'm a lawyer for God's sakes," Naala screeched.

"Naala, you have to calm down," Miani said quietly. "Me and your dad we wanted to tell you,"

"So he knew?" Naala muttered. Naala felt betrayed by everyone, especially because her 'sister' seemed to know everything.

Naleli yawned and looked around, "Is anyone bored of the sob story yet?" If you thought Naala was a bitch, Naleli was ten times worse.

"And then I have this," Naala pointed at her. "A twin that nobody thought I would like to know about," Naala said eyeing Naleli.