Wattpad Original
There are 16 more free parts

embrace

verb ~ to hold someone closely in one's arms, especially as a sign of affection

My arms stayed tight around Raven who was quivering beside me. She seemed exhausted, her breathing ragged and her mood solemn.

I looked away from Phoenix's heavy gaze to observe her body. She wore long fitting clothes but she was thin and seemed so pale. Her dark hair was matted in places and I brushed it behind her ear to hold her face into my chest.

She sniffled, pausing her sobs for a moment at the change of comfort.

"It's gonna be okay," I whispered. "It's over."

She began to cry again and I felt a shift in the air that I could only assume was the magic changing. I inhaled deeply, realising I could now smell the wolves around me. I could pinpoint Phoenix in front of me with Sean by his side. Sean smelt sweaty and aggravated, his pheromones giving strange waves of different emotions.

I could smell my brother and my twin helping coax women out of the cages, and I could smell their fear as the men surrounding us began to close in on the circle.

"Don't," I called. "You're going to scare them."

The men around me stopped in their tracks, cocking their heads in confusion.

I sighed. "They have been trapped for weeks even months, by men who abused them and without their wolves, just take a step back for now. Let the women handle it."

"Yes, Luna." Some chorused.

I held back the blush and need to bow my head at my title, allowing myself and Cel to accept the power they gave me

The few women that came with the pack continued their approach to helping the girls, and I turned my attention back to Raven. She stirred in my arms and I forced her to look away from Steven's decapitated head.

She wiped her nose on her sleeve and hiccuped. "I know I'm not a werewolf but I felt the bond so strongly."

I smiled sadly, "I'm sorry he did this to you, you deserve to be treated better."

She frowned but nodded her head. "He forcefully marked me and it...swayed me I guess, I realise now. When I met him there was an attraction but then he marked me and I guess since it was a one-sided mark and I felt so needy for him..."

I shushed her gently, "You don't need to explain. Mate bonds are powerful things."

At this I found my eyes wandering to Phoenix who was pulling on some cotton shorts. His dark eyes were focused on me as always, yet he was alert to his surroundings. He began to walk over to us, his strides were strong with determination.

Raven glanced up at him through her hair as he stood on the other side of the cage we were next to. She swallowed heavily and dropped her gaze.

"Alpha, I'm sorry."

His jaw clenched and it was silent for a moment. He glanced at her then at me, and I kept the same sympathetic frown as I took Raven's hand.

Phoenix sighed. "We will discuss things when we are safe on pack lands. I assume you have removed the border as well as the scent block?"

Raven nodded. "I have, it was weakening me having it up constantly."

He nodded, glancing around on high alert. "Then it won't be long before recovery gets here."

"Recovery?" I wondered.

He licked his lips, the dark hazel orbs darting to me. "Yes, Full Moon pack is close to here and they are sending buses with aids to help us transport everyone."