A Visitor

Hello, my lovelies! I hope you enjoy this new installment of Of Alchemists and Wizards!!! Please let me know what you think through a comment and drop a vote if you would like. Enjoy!

The halls were alive with the chatter of students as they talked excitedly about the up and coming Yule Ball that had been announced just a week before. Apparently this was the first formal dance the school had held, and everyone was excited. I didn't know much about school because Al and I had dropped out so early, but from listening to the students, apparently a formal dance was the most important thing that could happen to them.

As excited as they all were, I was less than thrilled. Ever since we had finalized the details of getting Winry into the wizarding world through the Truth, I had been anxious. We honestly didn't even have a set date, just some time the month before the ball. There was so much to think about. I had to worry about my students and their learning as well as Harry's safety. On top of that, I was worried about when Winry would get here and what I was to say to her. My mind couldn't handle every topic all at once, but it certainly was trying to.

I was also dealing with the fallout of Draco's alchemic rebound. Not only were the other students terrified, but I was receiving heat from the ministry who still didn't know I wasn't even a wizard.

"Edward, Edward, look at me," a female voice demanded, and I looked up to see Poppy standing in front of me, her eyes wide and terrified. "Edward, are you okay? Are you injured?" she demanded. I looked back down at my bloody hands and shook my head.

"No," I whispered. "None of it's my blood," I promised with a whisper. I screwed my eyes shut, trying to banish the sight of Draco's blood from my mind. This only caused me to picture the blood that seemed to cover everyone on the Promised Day. It covered hands, clothes, hair, faces, even the streets. There were white sheets all over Central that day, every single one of them soaked through with blood.

My eyes shot open with a gasp when there was suddenly a gentle hand on my shoulder. Looking up, my heart threatening to beat out of my chest at the unwanted touch, I met the eyes of Poppy. At that, I sighed and let my body relax.

"Edward-" the nurse began, but I cut her off. I wasn't the one that needed the nurse right now.

"Is Draco okay?" I asked. The nurse was silent for a moment before she nodded.

"He's fine. We were able to clean up the laceration and heal it fine. I'm just worried about you right now, Mr. Elric," she admitted. I shook my head and brushed the woman off.

"I'm okay. I've seen worse," I said with a grim smile.

"Worse is an understatement, Edward!" I heard another voice exclaim, and I looked over to see Minerva looking at me in shock, her eyes wide and face pale. I followed her eyes and looked down at my naked torso. Oh.

"I'm okay," I promised again. "They've all long since healed," I informed the women looking on in fear as I absentmindedly traced the huge scar on my stomach. "Nothing I couldn't handle." Minerva huffed, shaking her head.

"Well, let's at least get you cleaned up," she said firmly before she and Poppy produced a basin of water and a few washcloths. The water in the basin as well as the white cloths were stained pink by the time I had removed Draco's blood from my skin and from underneath my fingernails.

A day later, I was called to Dumbledore's office to be met with a man with long platinum hair as well as a stout man dressed in black. Both looked livid, and it didn't take me long to figure out who they were and that they were not happy in the slightest. The platinum blonde, to no surprise, was Draco's father, and the man in black was no other but the Minister of Magic himself. I supposed anyone else would be cowering in the presence of a man of such power, but I had threatened the Fuhrer's life during my State Alchemist exam. This man was nothing compared to that son of a bitch.