The Snuggly Duckling

The witch practically ran out of the lab her cheeks still a dark red. Elizabeth and Rosalie looked up at the (h/c) stunned by her outburst. The alchemist came out not long after with Ruddiger around his shoulders making both girls look at him. Varian looked at both girls before rubbing the back of his neck as best as he could with Ruddiger in the way.

"U-uh, hey. It's good to see you guys." He said awkwardly and (Y/n) took a deep breath to calm herself down and grabbed her box of treats off the ground with Sunny on top of them. "O-okay, I've already taken them to see Uncle Monty-" (Y/n) said and Varian gasped. "You went to Uncle Monty's without me?" He said acting hurt making (Y/n) and Rosalie to let out a laugh.

"I did, but he gave us treats as a thank you for rock situation." (Y/n) said and Varian nodded. "Who's this?" Elizabeth asked as she extended her arm out to Ruddiger to smell her. "O-oh, this is Ruddiger." The alchemist said and Ruddiger crawled across Elizabeth's arm and went around her shoulders smelling her making her let out a soft giggle. Rosalie watched her and a blush covered her cheeks.

"Have you taken them to the meadow?" Varian asked and (Y/n) shook her head no before whispering into his ear. "Neserdnia king is already suspicious that I'm a witch. I'm not taking any chances until I know them better." (Y/n) said and Varian nodded. "There's a meadow?" Rosalie asked and the witch nodded.

"Yes, it's where I live. I was going to take you both there in a few days." (Y/n) said with a smile and Varian nodded putting his hands on his hips. "We're saving the best place in Corona for last." He said catching (Y/n) off guard. "Sapphires, you think the meadow is the best place in Corona?" She asked and he smiled at her. "Of course I do. Why wouldn't I, milady?" He asked and (Y/n) giggled. "It's official, I'm getting married in the meadow." She said and a blush covered Varian's cheeks.

"What's the meadow like?" Elizabeth asked. "It's...how do I put it? It's the one thing I had when I believed I had nothing. It's kept me alive for a long time, it gives me food, flowers, and so much more. I'm forever in debt to the land, and I love it with my entire being. I would honestly give myself up for the meadow." (Y/n) said as a soft smile spread across her cheeks as she spoke about her home. "Wow, that place is really special to you." Elizabeth said and the witch nodded. "Well, I'm excited for when you show it to us." Rosalie said and (Y/n) nodded. "You'll see how amazing the meadow is first hand soon. I promise." She said and both girls nodded.

Sunny suddenly meowed at (Y/n) and she looked next to her for a few moments staring off before a shiver ran up her spine causing her to come back to reality. "You okay?" Varian asked and (Y/n) nodded. "I'm fine. Where are we headed?" She asked and Varian thought for a moment. "Snuggly Duckling?" He asked and (Y/n) laughed.

"You wanna take them to the Snuggly Duckling on their first official day in Corona? They haven't even met Shorty yet." (Y/n) said and Varian shrugged his shoulders. "It's the Snuggly Duckling, the meadow, the palace, or the lab. Actually, not the lab. It's-" "A mess?" (Y/n) asked and Varian rolled his eyes. "It's called creative genius, thank you very much." The alchemist said defending himself and (Y/n) laughed.

"I'd like to see the Snuggly Duckling. All that we've seen of Corona is rather breathtaking, I'm sure it won't be any different." Elizabeth said and (Y/n) and Varian looked at each other before shrugging their shoulders. "Snuggly Duckling it is." Varian said and all three girls nodded. "I'm going to put these in the lab, otherwise Shorty will eat them." (Y/n) said and Varian nodded.

The witch walked through the entrance of the lab and opened her satchel. Sunny jumped off the box and rubbed against the witch's legs as she carefully placed the box inside. (Y/n) picked Sunny up in her arms and he climbed onto her shoulders rubbing his face against the mushrooms on her hat.