15 | Joie

I chose to take Kimmy on her offer to come out to California and getaway for the weekend and actually trust Aqua to keep the kids safe and in one peace until I got back

               I just landed not too long ago, and rode in the back of the Uber getting drove in the direction of Kimmy's place in Tarzana, California. I had a while before pulling up to her spot, so I called to check in Misty and Gunner. The FaceTime line thrills in my right airpod while I waited on an answer. Soon, the line connects and Gunner face appeared on the big screen and the Texas sun beamed into his green eyes.

               "Come get the bag Gunner!" Misty shouted in the background.

               "I'm on the phone!" Gunner yelled back and looked at me. "Hey. Whatcha doing?"

               "In the Uber. What is Misty yelling about? What bag?"

               "Our suitcase. We leaving for the weekend too." Gunner grinned.

               "And going where?" I needed to know. "Tell Misty to stop fucking shouting . Where is Aqua? Y'all finna make me come back."

               "I said get your bag, stupid." Misty grunted and hit Gunner.

               Gunner sucked his teeth, and they clearly start fighting since I heard Aqua yelling for them to stop.

               "Stop! Or we not going nowhere!" Aqua chastised.

               "Lord have mercy." I pinched the bridge of my nose. "Give Aqua the phone right now and y'all straighten up because it's nothing for me to get on another flight and come back and whup ass."

               Gunner mumbled and gave the phone to Aqua. "Where are you taking them?"

               "Just driving down to Six Flags. It's just a mini trip, Joie."

               "You could've told me that you were planning on even taking them out of Dallas." I said.

               "I just found out. Taveus surprised us."

               "And you're supposed to be finding a home. Why's he tryna send you off somewhere?" I wanted to know because I found it weird.