THIRTY

Have you ever walked up to someone who was laughing the loudest in the room and who always has a smile on their face and asked them, "Are you really happy?"

"If you walk out of here and you're alone, will you still have a reason to smile?"

"Do you cry yourself to sleep at night because you couldn't let your pain out during the day?"

"Is this all an act you're putting up? Are you just making everyone believe that you're fine and that you have your shit together?"

Try it, and I can assure you that they wouldn't have an answer.

◈ ━━━━━━━ ⸙ - ⸙ ━━━━━━━ ◈

Enock Sakala laughed the loudest to his own jokes as he told them to the boys who had formed a circle-like sitting position to talk and generally make noise amongst themselves since they had a free period.

"...like dude! You needed to see the way my guy was just feeling this girl everywhere...and she let him. She was just smiling and blushing while the dude's hands were inside her panty!" Enock paused and chuckled as his listeners gave different noisy reactions to his story.

They didn't need to know he was making the story up.

He had never been on a first-class flight and he had never seen a guy finger the lady sitting next to him on the plane either. It was just something he would find interesting if he did witness it.

"Guy! I wish say na me be that guy oh! I go jus carry the babe enter toilet, do the real thing!" One of the guys said and the rest burst into laughter.

The conversations didn't leave the boundaries of sexcapades and girls they hoped to get down with during the sports competition the following week.

"All these Castron High girls wey dey do like say their parts no dey for market, we go show them!"

"I swear, I don't care if they are Lagos babes. We will show them what ABJ boys are made of."

The laughing and chit-chatting went on and on with Enock occasionally pitching in and laughing with them as each guy claimed the Castron High girls they would approach first.

The bell for lunch break rang and Enock gave each of the guys a bro handshake as they rushed out to get something to eat, or rather, hunt down junior students who would run their lunch errands.

"James abeg call one junior student for me. Tell am say na me," Ahmed called out to one of the guys who was heading out.

Enock left the desk he had been sitting on and took a seat closer to Dele and Ahmed who had spent nearly an hour in the Art class for the first time. He was usually the one spending time in their class since he and Sola were Art students while Dele, Ahmed and Annika were Science students. It wasn't a majority carried the vote thing but it just made sense that way.