Runaway Princess

Ariana's pov

I hid Athy where Claude wouldn't able to find and people who I trust are. If things go on like now, I am afraid Claude would suddenly come to kill Athy like the story.

I am going to hide in my owns ways as well. Then, I realized a thing I forgot to take in the greenhouse.

'Should I go back? Well, I can come back after resting for a bit.'

A beautiful scenery greets me as I teleported into the greenhouse.

The greenhouse was filled with flowers petals as I dazedly stared at the cherry blossoms tree in front of me. The last time I came, I was sure the cherry wasn't bloomed yet.

I still remember Claude abruptly finding this seed after I mentioned, wanting to see a cherry tree.

I walked through the path heading toward the cherry tree, remembering old memories. And my hand reached out to a pink petal that is falling.

When I looked down upon the tree, there were already many flowers petals that have already fallen, which I couldn't stop.

My heart sinks looking at the sight of the fallen flowers helplessly.

It was then.

I quickly turned my head, sensing a presence behind me.

_Whoosh!

The wind happened to blow and made his golden hair fluttered. It also scattered the flowers, leaves and along my hair.

Claude and I just looked quietly at each other.

Even though this isn't the rose garden and I ain't Athanasia, this scene seems to have to go on its ways.

His appearance was completely unexpected but I wasn't that surprised to see him. Maybe because I prejudiced this to happen or maybe I wish to see him.

His eyes weren't as hostile as they had been in the ball. Rather an indifferent pair of blue jewelled eyes laid on me.

The silence was short as he took a step toward me. The distance between us quickly decreased because of his long legs.

I blatantly stared at him approaching me, not moving an inch from where I'm standing. His face was similar to those of a sick person.

"I shouldn't have let you live back then."

I didn't even feel surprised anymore at his cold voice threatening me.

Claude extent his hand toward me.

_Crackle!

Then, something crashing against each other rang in my eardrums. A sharp light shined with the sound of something breaking.

"That magic on you is mine. Nevertheless, I'll be the one to destroy it as well."

The cheery petals violently flew around me like a storm, at his hand reaching toward me again.

Ah.....Daddy is trying to kill me for real.

"That face. That expression."

_Clang!

But I don't have the strength to do a play now.

_Boom!

I'm tired. I'm sick of everything.

"It'll be over once I get rid of this."

So,...isn't it fine to die like this?

_Crack!

The magic barrier was completely broken as Claude's hand extended toward my neck. His big hands slowly wrapped around my throat.

My attention was focusing on Claude's every movement. There wasn't any sign of fear on my face though I was in front of my grim reader.

'Will he be sad if I die now?'

That was the only thought I have at the moment.

Soon I mentally snickered because of his hand on my neck.

Even though he declared he'll kill me today, there wasn't any force in his hand holding my neck.

I noticed the red blood flowing on his hand because of something warm flowing on my neck skin.

I was foolish. I am a coward. I was trying to run away by myself. I already know he wouldn't do this if he is in his right mind. I already know this wasn't a play.

Even though I know from the start, it still hurt experiencing myself like this.

The force on my throat became stronger as time passed.

"Die."

That is why even if I have to get hurt, I won't let people that are precious to me feel the same.

'That is why daddy.'

A light shine surrounding me.

My hands slowly rose as I unfold the big hands wrapping my neck.

The light slightly wrapped around his hands, making his injures disappeared.

'I won't die by your hand.'

My existence starts to scatter and fade away as a smile appears on my face with endless tears falling down my cheek.

"See you again."

Before I completely disappear.

"Take care until then. Daddy."

A farewell whisper came out from my lips.

Soon, my vision went white as the pain spread through my whole body.

"Cough! Cough!"

Red blood came out of my mouths as I grasp my heart while breathing heavily.

"Ria!"

A familiar figure ran toward me who is sitting on my floor. I seem to have teleported to the wrong place.

"Doc-!"

"Don't call anyone."

I mumble before fully losing my consciousness.

Ah...I think I am gonna die.