⇢︎ Chapter 23 : Upgrade

"You weren't in class today

"You weren't in class today."

Y/n's sighed as he clutched his teddy, "Yeah, there's no way I'm going to be in the same class as that box. It's just a distraction for actually learning something."

"Ah, that makes sense," Nagisa said on the other side of the phone, "Do you want me to send the notes that we did today?"

"Yeah, that'd be nice. Also, what happened in class this time?"

Nagisa hummed as ruffling could be heard on the other side, "Well, Terakasa taped A.T.F.A up, so it didn't shoot up the classroom. I think he's going to get in trouble, though."

"Always count on Terakasa to make the first move of idiotic-ness," Y/n commented as he played with his teddy.

There was a creaking of a door. Y/n glanced at his room door and noticed that his guardian was standing there with a gaze that he knew of. He slightly clutched his teddy as he quickly looked away.

"Ah, I'll send you the notes now," Nagisa said.

"Cool, but I have to go," Y/n stated quickly, "I'll see you, probably tomorrow. Thank you for the notes by the way."

"Ah! N-No problem! What are friends for?"

Y/n only hummed, "Right, see ya."

"Have a good night, Y/n!"

Y/n hung up his phone as he turned to his guardian. He stood up from his seat on the bed as he stood in front of his guardian, expectantly. Y/n's guardian only huffed but said nothing at the moment.

"Is there something you need, sir?" Y/n asked politely.

"Right, there's someone I would like to introduce you to," Y/n's guardian stated and moved to the side, "Come on out, I have someone here to meet you."

Y/n looked at his door after hearing the soft footsteps of someone knew. Based on the footsteps, the person seemed to be a boy, light on his feet, almost barely making a sound. However, the footsteps were also aggressive, this person may be competitive.

"Y/n," Y/n's guardian started as he put a hand on the newcomer's shoulder, "this is Itona, he will be staying here for training and others. Itona, this is my son, Y/n L/n, do play nicely with him."

Itona had grey-white hair as his eyes seemed to be always searching for a target. They were a gold yellow color as a red dot was under his pupil. He was currently wearing some casual clothes as he held a bag in one of his hands.

Itona and Y/n seemed to have stared at each other for a moment, "...Your son seems weak," Itona said, breaking the silence.

Y/n slightly deadpanned, 'So blunt... Besides, everyone knows that, you're not special.'

Y/n's guardian chuckled as he petted Itona's hair, "That may be true, but he is much more better at stealth than you are. But strength will always be your power. Now, get yourself comfortable, you will be sharing a room with Y/n after all."